Published on June 14th, 2017 | by William Charles29
$150 Sign Up Bonus On Chase AARP Card + 3% On Restaurants & Gas Stations
Reposting because I’m not very smart and forgot to include the actual $150 link.
- The Chase AARP card is now offering a sign up bonus of $150 when you spend $500 within the first three months of account opening. The card also earns 3% cash back on restaurants and gas stations. Also comes with a 0% intro APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers.
- No annual fee
- Introductory APR of 0% for the first twelve months
- Chase donates $0.10 for every restaurant purchase to the AARP Foundation in 2015 (up to a maximum of $1,000,000), I suspect this will be extended for 2016 as well
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 3% cash back on restaurant & gas station purchase
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
Do I need An AARP Membership To Apply For This Card?
No this field can be left blank.
This Card Earns Points, Can They Be Transferred To Airline Partners?
No, unlike the Chase Freedom card this card does not earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points which are transferable with a premium Chase card (e.g Chase Ink Plus or Chase Sapphire Preferred). Points are basically just good for cash back at a rate of one point = one penny.
Is This Card Effected By The Chase 5/24?
No, it’s not. You can get this card as long as you haven’t gotten the bonus in the past 24 months.
This card isn’t affected by the Chase 5/24 rule. We saw a $200 bonus on this card in late 2015, standard bonus is $100. This is a midrange-low offer for a cash sign up bonus. There are cards that are better for gas purchases and non bonus-ed spend, 3% on restaurants is one of the better options. This might be a useful offer for people depending on what other cards they have/what their goals are but it isn’t good enough to make our best bonus list.
Hat tip to Kathy from Will Run for Miles for e-mailing me about this