Published on March 2nd, 2017 | by Chuck72
Amazon: Get $25 off $50 by Using 1 Membership Rewards Point [Targeted Offer] – Works If Used Before
- Link your Amex Membership Rewards account with your Amazon account for Shop-with-Points and receive $25 off a $50+ purchase of anything sold by Amazon with promo code AMEX17EVER.
Here’s how to get in on this deal:
- Add $50 or more of eligible products sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping card.
- Go to your payment options and choose your linked AMEX card with Membership Rewards or link a card now
- Pay for at least a portion of your order with Membership Rewards points; you can use just use one point and pay the rest with the credit card (click ‘choose different amount’ to do this)
- Enter the promo code AMEX17EVER in the box provided on the checkout page
- $25 of savings will be reflected on the final order checkout page.
Code Doesn’t Work?
- Make sure you’re purchasing items sold and shipped by Amazon.com
- If it’s still not working, contact Amazon chat about the issue. They will likely tell you to complete your purchase and they will refund you the $25
The Fine Print
- The promotion will end at 11:59 PT on 12/31/2017, or until 80,000 customers have redeemed this offer, whichever is earlier. The promotion code will expire concurrently.
- To redeem the offer, you must be logged into an account which has been active for 90 days or longer.
- Offer applies only to the purchase of at least $50 of eligible products, where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is entered at checkout. Taxes, gift-wrap, and shipping and handling charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $25 per eligible Membership Rewards enrolled Card.
- Offer is not available to American Express Membership Rewards eligible cards whose points have been previously used for purchases at Amazon.com in the past twenty four months.
- Offer does not apply to the purchase of digital content.
- Offer only applies to eligible products sold by Amazon.com.
- Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
- Limit one promotion code per Membership Rewards eligible card.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
This offer is targeted and won’t work for everyone. There’s also a stated 80,000 person limit on the deal so better try sooner rather than later when it fills up.
The same offer was around last October, and
I’m guessing those who’ve already done an MR deal in the past won’t be eligible again, but happy to be proven wrong.
What to Buy
If you have an item to buy on Amazon that’s the easiest. You can also lock in the $25 off $50 deal on a third-party gift card of your choice, just not on an Amazon gift card.
Here’s the link for all electronically delivered gift cards on Amazon and here’s the link for all physically mailed gift cards on Amazon. You’ll have to scroll down a bit to skip Amazon’s own gift cards.
Sample e-gift card deals to get a $50 gift card for just $25 with this promo: $50 Safeway e-gift, $50 AirBnB e-gift, $50 Uber e-gift, $50 Hotels.com e-gift, $50 Whole Foods e-gift, $50 Lowes e-gift, $50 Netflix e-gift.
The links in this post contain our Amazon affiliate link, just bear in mind that you can use Jetblue for 3x instead.
Hat tip to Dansdeals