Published on June 16th, 2017 | by William Charles2
[IN] Centier $200 In Branch Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Must open in branch, all locations are in IN [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $2, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: None mentioned
- Centier Bank is offering a $200 bonus when you open a Centier Checking, 50 Advantage Checking or Interest Checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Receive a direct deposit of at least $500 within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Offer is not available to existing Centier Checking clients.
- A direct deposit of $500 or more must be received within 60 days of account opening to receive the $200.
- Limit of one $200 bonus per household. Offer good on Centier Checking, 50 Advantage Checking and Interest Checking accounts only. Bank rules and regulations apply. M
- inimum opening deposit is only $50 for personal accounts. Centier Checking and 50 Advantage $2 monthly fee without Direct Deposit or e-Statements or a $100 minimum daily balance.
- Interest Checking $4 monthly fee without Direct Deposit or e-statements along with a minimum daily balance of $500 or average monthly balance of $1,000.
- These offers are available at select Centier Bank locations. Centier reserves the right to discontinue offer at any time. Cannot be combined with any other checking bonus offer.
- Cash incentives may be taxable as interest income and reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
Centier & 50 Advantage – $2 Monthly Fee
$2 fee is waived if you do any of the following:
- Opt for eStatements
- Receive a direct deposit
- Have a minimum daily balance of $100
This offer has come up before (they have also offered a lower $100 bonus). If it’s a soft pull then I definitely think it’s worth doing if you live near a branch as $200 is on the higher end of the bank account bonus scale. As always please share your data points in the comments below.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications