Published on January 30th, 2014 | by William Charles14
Chase $400 In Bank Account Bonuses ($200 Checking Coupon & $200 Savings Coupon)
Chase bank regularly mails out coupons for their checking and savings account. They recently sent out a bunch of coupons that give you a sign up bonus of $200 for each account (maximum bonus of $400). If you didn’t receive one, don’t worry you can purchase them on eBay for anywhere between $5-$20. The new coupons will be valid for awhile and new ones often pop up so you have plenty of time.
Finding The Coupons On Ebay:
- Go to http://www.ebay.com
- Type “Chase coupons” into the search bar and click search
- Find a coupon that clearly states the offer terms and make sure they match up to those outlined below
If you sign up for and shop through FatWallet, they’ll give you 1% cash back on all your eBay purchases. Click here to sign up now.
Chase Total Checking Account
- Open a Chase Total Checking Account (subject to approval) and fund it with at least $100 within ten business days of account opening and receive a $200 bonus
- Only available to those who are new chase checking customers
To avoid the $12 ($10 for CA, OR and WA) monthly fee that Chase Total Checking has, you must do one of the following:
- Keep an average balance of $1,500 or more in the account
- Receive direct deposits of $500 or more per month [Find out what Chase considers a direct deposit]
- Keep an average balance of $15,000 or more in a qualifying Chase checking or savings account
Chase Savings Account
- Open a new Chase Savings Account (subject to approval) with a minimum opening deposit of at least $15,000 (this must be new money to Chase, e.g transfering $15,000 from your Chase Total checking account will not work)
- Maintain a balance of at least $15,000 for a period of 90 days, after this you’ll receive your $200 bonus within 10 business days
To avoid the $4 ($5 for those in CA, FL, GA, ID, NV, OR and WA) monthly fee you must do one of the following:
- Have a minimum daily balance of $300 or more in your Chase savings account
- Have at least one repeating transfer of $25 or more from your Chase checking account into your Chase savings account
What I Like About These Offers
- No Direct Deposit Required, usually chase requires you to have direct deposits totaling $500 or more to receive the Checking account sign up bonuses. With these promo codes that’s been eliminated.
What I Don’t Like About These Offers
- You need $15,000 available, for three months to get the Savings account sign up bonus
- They aren’t publicly available, buying a promo code from eBay is an extra layer of hassle
- You have to pay taxes on all bank bonuses, banks are required to send 1099 forms for all bank bonuses (they are treated like interest) and as such you have to pay taxes on these bonues
I just purchased a promo code for myself and my girlfriend. Thankfully we have some spare money sitting around which we can use to earn the savings account sign up bonus, as well as the checking account sign up bonus. Because we’ll have more than $5,000 in our savings account we won’t need to worry about the $12 Checking account fee or the $5 Savings account fee. It will tie up $15,000 from each of us for 90 days, but for $400 (minus the $10 the coupons cost us) in bonuses I think it’s well worth it – especially considering how easy it is to meet these requirements. After taxes and the $10 the coupons cost us, we should end up profiting about $290 each.