Published on November 17th, 2016 | by William Charles270
Citibank $300 Checking Bonus with $15,000 Initial Deposit – No Direct Deposit Needed
Reposting because this bonus has been extended until January 12th, 2017. I suspect this means we won’t see the $400 again anytime soon. We’ve also added this to our best bonus page.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Nationwide (can be done online)
- Direct deposit required: Yes, see what counts here
- Additional requirements: Maintain $15,000 for 30-days
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $25, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Expiration date:
December 31st, 2016 January 12th, 2017 March 31st, 2017 April 14th, 2017June 30th, 2017
- Receive a sign up bonus of $300 when you open a new The Citibank Account Package and complete the following requirements within 30 days of account opening:
- Make a qualifying deposit of $15,000 or more in new-to-Citibank funds into the new checking account or a new or existing Citibank Savings Plus Account or Citi Savings Account, and maintain a minimum balance of $15,000 for sixty (60) consecutive calendar days following the date when you made the qualifying deposit.
- Within thirty (30) days, 1 qualifying Direct Deposit1 must post to the new checking Account each month for 2 consecutive calendar months after opening the new checking account
Use the link from the landing page and it will pre-populate with the offer code; you need that offer code there to get the bonus. You can also apply in a Citi branch or over the phone at 1-866-422-1475 and use code CZVB (some people see CZRK).
[If you apply online from a non-cookied browser, you’ll get an error message after entering your home state. Just click the back button and everything should be smooth sailing from there.]
The Fine Print
- To qualify to earn a $300 cash bonus, you must enroll in this offer either online by clicking apply now, with a Personal banker in a Citibank branch or over the phone: open a new eligible consumer checking account in The Citibank Account Package between 11/9/16 – 12/31/16.
- Within 45 days after account opening you must complete the following: (1) Complete 1 qualifying Direct Deposit to your checking account or make 1 or more qualifying purchase transactions with your Citibank Debit Card totaling $250 or more, ( 2) make a qualifying deposit of $15,000 or more in new-to-Citibank funds into the new checking account or a new or existing Citibank Savings Plus Account, and (3) maintain a minimum balance of $15,000 for 30 consecutive calendar days following the date when you made your qualifying deposit.
- If you are eligible and fulfill the required activities then the cash bonus will be credited to your new checking account within 90 calendar days from the date when you completed all offer requirements.
- A new consumer checking account in The Citibank Account Package is required. Customers must be 18 years or older to participate in this promotion.
- Existing checking customers are not eligible.
- Enrollment in this offer does not guarantee eligibility.
- To qualify for this promotion, you must enroll in the promotion, meet the terms and conditions of this offer and perform the required qualifying activities contained in this offer.
- To be eligible for this offer, you must not currently have a consumer checking account with Citibank or have been a signer on or owner of a Citibank consumer checking account within the last 60 days
- Limit of one of each offer per customer and one offer per account.
This bonus is available on the Citibank Account Package.
- The Citibank Account Package needs $10,000 in combined average monthly balances to remain fee free. Otherwise, there is a $25 monthly fee.
Early Termination Fee
In the past, Citi has not charged any ETF, and none is mentioned for this offer.
As mentioned at the top of this post, they have extended this offer so I don’t think we will see the $400 offer again soon. Also keep in mind this bonus is churnable, so you really want to do is as often as possible.
Citi just offered a similar bonus, but that was for $400 and didn’t require the debit card purchase. Keep in mind with Citi that getting your bonus from these promotions is generally not that straight forward and usually requires some calling in (I’d recommend reading through that previous bonus post to get an idea about what I’m talking about). We will still probably add this to our best bonus list as you can churn these bonuses (just can’t currently have an account or have had one in the last 60 days), but you really should have done the $400 offer. There is also a current $500 offer but the requirements are much harder to meet.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank