Published on May 14th, 2017 | by William Charles11
[CT only] Savings Bank of Danbury $150 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: CT only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $250+
- Additional requirements: Three bill pays
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None found
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: June 30th, 2017
- Open a new checking account with Savings Bank of Danbury and get a bonus of up to $150 by completing the following requirements within 90 days
- $100 for opening an account with direct deposit (minimum of $250)
- $50 for signing up and using bill pay at least three times
The Fine Print
- Minimum $50 to open a checking account.
- This offer applies to new Priority, Priority PLUS, or Priority Platinum checking account customers with new money only.
- New money is defined as money not currently on deposit with Savings Bank of Danbury.
- New checking account customer is defined as anyone not having owned a checking account with Savings Bank of Danbury in the 180 days prior to taking advantage of this offer.
- This offer is limited to one checking account per tax ID#.
- You will receive promotional compensation as follows: $100 for a direct deposit of $250+ from payroll or social security into the new account within 90 days of account opening;
- $50 for signing up for SBD Online Bill Pay and paying 3 bills within 90 days of account opening. The maximum amount any customer can receive is $150. Promotion compensation will be credited to your checking account within 90 days after the qualifying transaction takes place.
- Promotion compensation is considered taxable income and an IRS-1099 form will be issued.
- Promotion ends June 30th, 2017.
- This offer is subject to change and to early termination without prior notice at any time.
- Other fees and restrictions may apply. Savings Bank of Danbury employees and their immediate families are not eligible for this offer.
- Speak with a Savings Bank of Danbury representative for more information.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Their priority checking account is the easiest account to keep fee free as it has no monthly fee or minimums. I wasn’t able to find any mention of any early account termination fee in the fee schedule.
Not a bad deal considering it’s a soft pull to open and there are no monthly fees to worry about. It’s also nice that you can get some of this bonus without a direct deposit (even if it’s only $50). Because of this we have added this to our list of the best checking sign up bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications