Published on April 20th, 2017 | by William Charles8
First National Bank $200 Checking Bonus [UT only]
Please note there is another First National Bank. The one we are talking about in this post is www.fnbutah.com. We will refer to this bank as First National Bank [UT] on this site to avoid confusion.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: UT only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: 180 days, bonus forfeit or $10 fee charged if no bonus has posted
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: None listed
- Open a new Easy Checking account with First National Bank [UT] and receive a bonus of $200 when you complete the following requirements:
- Deposit $50 minimum at account opening
- Have a recurring qualified direct deposit post within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- *Bonus/Account Information: Checking offer is not valid for any existing FNB Checking customers.
- Offer valid only for those applicable accounts opened online at www.fnbutah.com.
- All other accounts opened in a branch or otherwise do not qualify.
- To receive the $200 checking bonus: 1) Open a new Easy Checking account online; 2) Deposit $50 minimum at account opening; AND 3) Have a recurring direct deposit made to this account within 60 days of account opening. Qualified direct deposits include payroll checks, pension, Social Security or other regular monthly income.
- Transfers from one account to another account or deposits made in branch do not qualify as a direct deposit.
- The bonus will be deposited into the account within 90 days of account opening and after all qualifications have been met.
- There is no minimum balance required to obtain the bonus.
- Bonuses will be included on a year-end 1099 interest form.
- One offer per household.
- Offer not valid for any First National Bank employee.
- Offer subject to cancellation without any notice.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Their easy checking account has no monthly fee to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
If the account is closed within 180 days you either forfeit the bonus if you’ve earned it or $10 if you haven’t.
Not a bad bonus. I like the fact that there is no monthly fees to worry about and it’s one of the larger bank account bonuses available. Downside is that we don’t have a lot of datapoints on what works as a direct deposit. Still definitely one of the best checking bonuses available.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications