Published on June 17th, 2017 | by William Charles12
[GA only] Signature Bank of Georgia $300 Personal Checking Account Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Georgia. Supposed to be for Sandy Springs residents only, greater Atlanta area should be fine as well. Said they would pull promo early if too many applicants.
- Direct deposit required: Yes, unspecified amount
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown (soft according to rep)
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: Unknown
- Early account termination fee: Bonus forfeit six months
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Receive a $300 bonus when you open a new Signature Personal Checking checking account with Signature Bank of Georgia and complete the following requirements:
- Receive $100 for keeping the account open for 30 days
- Receive 200 for having a recurring direct deposit that posts and settles once a month within 90 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Bonus awarded for this offer is not available to existing checking clients and is not available to those with fiduciary accounts, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.
- Type of account opened is the Signature Personal Checking and a $100 minimum deposit is required. Bonuses will be awarded within 30 days after the stipulations are met. $100 Bonus: 1) Open a Signature Personal Checking account, which is subject to approval; 2) Account must be open for 30 Days. $200 Bonus: 1) Have a recurring direct deposit post and settle once a month and within 90 days of account opening. Direct Deposit must be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government. 2) Maintain your account satisfactorily with no overdrafts for 90 days.
- You can receive this bonus only once in a calendar year.
- Bonuses are considered interest and may be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT. Account Closing: If the checking account is closed within six months after opening, the bonus amount will be deducted from the balance at account closing.
- Check order includes one box ordered at account opening of Style Code W-IP or WDIP.
- The Bank reserves the right to discontinue this bonus offer at any time.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
I don’t see the personal signature checking account, so no idea what the monthly fee for this account is. You do need to keep the account open for six months to keep this bonus.
$300 is a nice large bonus that we like to see. The problem is we don’t know enough about this bank or the bonus to really pass judgement. Hopefully a reader or two can chime in with their experiences in the comments below.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications