Published on January 10th, 2017 | by Chuck9
Get 1,000 Southwest Miles when Filing Taxes for Free with TurboTax
- Get 1,000 bonus Southwest miles when using TurboTax through the RapidRewards shopping portal
The Fine Print
- Filing must be made between Tuesday, January 3, 2017 and Tuesday, April 18, 2017 after clicking through this offer on Rapid Rewards Shopping and logging in to be eligible
- TurboTax Online Federal Products qualifying for 1,000 bonus Rapid Rewards points are: the 2016 online version of TurboTax Federal Free Edition, TurboTax Deluxe, TurboTax Premier, and TurboTax Self-Employed
- This bonus Rapid Rewards points offer may not be combined with any other product or offer from TurboTax
- Limit one bonus redemption per Rapid Rewards account number
- Eligible only after a tax year 2016 completed federal tax return is filed during the Bonus Period
- Federal tax filings made using TurboTax CDs, downloaded products, or in-app purchases are not eligible for the bonus offer
- Please allow up to eight weeks from the date of your qualified federal tax filing for your Rapid Rewards account to be credited with 1,000 bonus Rapid Rewards points
- Bonus Rapid Rewards points will not count towards A-List or A-List Preferred or Companion Pass qualifications
Interesting that they are giving the miles for free users too. For someone who does their own taxes, it could make sense to use TurboTax and get the free miles.
There are quite a few other mileage portals also offering bonus miles for TurboTax, including 400 AA miles, and 350 United or AS miles.
Hat tip to ctr2010 on Reddit