Published on September 18th, 2015 | by William Charles184
[IL, MN & WI only] Associated Bank $150 Promotion, No Direct Deposit Required + $50 Per Referral
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: IL, MN & WI only
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: Three bill pays or a direct deposit of $300+
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Up to $200, no American Express cards.
- Monthly fees: $11, waivable
- Early account termination fee: Bonus forfeit if closed within 12 months
- Expiration date:
February 26th, 2016 March 31st, 2016 May 31st, 2016 December 31st, 2016June 30th, 2017 or December 31st, 2017
- Open a Packers Checking Account from AssociatedBank and receive a $150 bonus when you do the following:
- Open your account with a minimum opening deposit of $100 by (date that changes based on the offer you go for)
- Make three online bill payments OR add a direct deposit of $300 within 45 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Offer expires December 31, 2017 /June 30th, 2017
- Minimum deposit required to open is $100. Deposits from existing accounts do not qualify.
- Customer must complete a minimum of three payments using Associated Bank Online Bill Pay OR have one direct deposit of $300 or more to their account within 45 days of account opening.
- Bonus will be deposited into their account within 75 days of account opening after meeting the qualifications.
- Customers with an Associated Bank checking account in the last six months, joint owners on an existing Associated Bank checking account and Associated Bank colleagues are not eligible.
- Account must be open at the time the bonus is paid and must remain open for a minimum of 12 months. If the account is closed within 12 months, Associated Bank reserves the right to deduct the monetary bonus from the account prior to closing.
- Popmoney® and transfers to external accounts do not qualify for the required transactions to receive the monetary bonus. Exclusions apply.
- Customer must be 18 years or older to qualify. Offer limited to one per household, cannot be combined with other offers and is subject to change (at Associated Bank’s discretion) at any time without notice.
- For tax reporting purposes, a 1099 may be issued at year-end for the year in which the bonus is given.
- Deposits from existing accounts do not qualify. Customers with an Associated checking account in the last 60 days, joint owners on an existing Associated checking account and Associated Bank colleagues are not eligible
- Offer limited to one per household
- Bonus will post within 75 days
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There is a $11 monthly maintenance fee which is waived if you meet any of the following requirements:
- $1,000 minimum daily balance
- $2,500 in combined deposits
- Direct deposits combining $500 or more per month
- Under the age of 24 and enrolled in paperless statements.
There is no early account termination fee, but the account needs to be open for 12 months or the bonus is forfeit.
$50 Referral Bonus
You can also refer friends if you visit here. You’ll receive $50 Visa gift card per person you refer and they should still be able to sign up for the $150 bonus (if anybody successfully does this, please confirm). Feel free to share your referral links in the comments, but make sure you also let us know some useful information (e.g soft pull/credit card funding etc etc) or your referral link will be removed.
This seems like a pretty good bonus, especially because there is no direct deposit required. It’s a shame that you can only fund $200 with a credit card, but $150 is still a good bonus. This is worth completing if you live in the target area and it’s one of the better checking bonuses out there.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank