Published on June 16th, 2017 | by William Charles0
[KY only] Traditional Bank $100 In Branch Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: In branch only. All branches are in KY [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: Yes, see below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None listed?
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Traditional Bank is offering a bonus of up to $100.
- Open a Traditional Bank personal checking account
- Enroll in ClickSWITCH with the help of your Traditional Bank service representative
- Switch your Direct Deposit and up to 4 automated payments to earn $20 per switch!
The Fine Print
- A $20.00 cash reward will be paid for each direct deposit and automated payment up to a maximum of $100.00 (or five switches) per Traditional Bank personal checking account.
- Direct deposit and automated payments must be switched to a Traditional Bank account using the ClickSWITCH program.
- Account holders must speak with a Traditional Bank representative to obtain a ClickSWITCH enrollment code.
- Cash rewards will be automatically deposited into the Traditional Bank checking account that is enrolled in the ClickSWITCH program.
- Payments will be made once monthly at first of month following any switches; you may receive an annual 1099 form from our institution related to cash rewards paid to your account.
- Minimum of one direct deposit per checking account is required to begin earning cash rewards.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
They offer a free checking account that I think is eligible for this promotion and has no monthly fees. I wasn’t able to find mention of any early account termination fee in their fee schedule but worth double checking.
Shame that direct deposit is required and it looks like you have to go into a branch to get a ClickSWITCH code as well. Personally I think that’s way too much effort for a bonus of only $100, but if it anybody goes for it then please share your experiences in the comments below. Because of that I won’t be adding it to our best bonus list.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications