Published on April 14th, 2017 | by William Charles16
[Expired] [NJ only] 1st Constitution Bank $200 Checking Bonus
This bonus has expired, you can view the best bank bonuses here. Or click here to see if there is a new 1st Constitution Bank.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: NJ, must present coupon in branch with Signature card [Branch locator found here]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum mentioned
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $15, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Six months, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: May 15th, 2017
- Open a new Easy Pay Checking account with 1st Constitution Bank online and receive a bonus of $200 when you complete the following requirements:
- Deposit $100 or more at account opening
- Have your direct deposit made to this account within 60 days of account opening
- present your coupon with offer code WELCOME200 when you submit your signature card (coupon can be generated online)
The Fine Print
- Bonus/Account Information: Offer not available to existing 1st Constitution Bank checking customers, those with fiduciary accounts, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.
- To receive the bonus: A ) Open a new Easy Pay Checking account online only, which is subject to approval; B) Deposit $100 or more at account opening; C) Have your direct deposit made to this account within 60 days of account opening; and D) present your coupon with offer code WELCOME200 when you submit your signature card.
- Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government.
- After you have completed all the above requirements, we’ll deposit the bonus in your new account within 10 business days.
- You can receive only one new checking account related bonus each calendar year and only one bonus per account.
- Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- Offer not available for 1st Constitution Bank employee accounts, account conversions or in combination with any other offer.
- If there is not a recurring direct deposit, the account will revert to a Regular Checking account which requires a minimum daily balance of $100 to avoid monthly service fee of $15.
- Account Closing: If the checking account is closed by the customer or 1st Constitution Bank within six months after opening, we will deduct the bonus amount at closing.
- This special offer expires on May 15, 2017.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The Easy Pay Checking account has a $15 monthly service charge, if you receive a direct deposit this fee is waived. If there is not a recurring direct deposit the account will revert to a regular checking account ($100 minimum balance to avoid the monthly service fee of $15).
You forfeit the bonus if you close the account within 6 months. I’m not sure if the above forced account conversion would count as a cancellation and you forfeit the bonus or not.
I’m a bit worried you need a direct deposit for six months to actually get the bonus (read the fees section above). Apart from that concern there is a pretty good bonus if you live in the target area, because of that I will add it to our best checking promo page. They have also offered a bonus of $250 with no requirements before, but that was only for students.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications