Published on June 11th, 2017 | by William Charles3
[NJ only] Sun National Bank $300 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Must open at Jake Brown or Kendall Park [NJ]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: Yes, see below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: Unknown, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: 180 days, $20
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: June 30th, 2017
- Open a new Agility Plus checking account with Sun National Bank at their Jake Brown or Kendall Park and receive a bonus of $300 when you complete the following requirements:
- Have a balance of at least $3,000 on July 31st, 2017
- Have an activated Sun National Bank debit Mastercard
- Receive at least one incoming direct deposit of $500 or more by August 31st, 2017
The Fine Print
- To receive $300 cash bonus, your household must not currently have a consumer checking account with Sun National Bank.
- Existing customers must open and meet account bonus deposit requirement with funds not currently on deposit at Sun National Bank.
- Offer valid for accounts opened at Jake Brown or Kendall Park branch office only.
- Offer requires the opening of a new qualifying Sun National Bank Agility Plus checking account between April 3, 2017 and June 30,2017.
- Must have a balance of at least $3,000 on July 31, 2017, have an activated debit Mastercard®, and have received at least one incoming direct deposit by August 31, 2017, of $500 or more.
- $300 bonus will be deposited automatically into new account on or around September 30, 2017. Any credit, if earned, will be forfeited if checking account is closed before the credit is awarded. Limit one cash bonus per household.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
You can avoid the monthly maintenance fee of $12 if you do either of the following:
- Maintain a Combined Monthly Deposit Balance of $3,000 in a consumer checking, savings, money market, or CD
- Or maintain a direct deposit of $1,500+
There is also an early account termination fee of $20 if the account is closed within 180 days. A $5 fee if the account is closed by mail and other fees (see more here).
Nice large $300 bonus, direct deposit is required and there is a monthly fee to worry about but not too difficult to waive that. As it’s in branch opening only you should be able to find out if it’s a soft pull or not, if it is it’ll definitely be one of the best checking account bonuses available. They have also offered the same bonus before but at different branches.
Please share your experiences with this bonus in the comments below.
Hat tip to David M
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications