Published on April 23rd, 2017 | by William Charles175
[OH, MI, IN, PA, KY, WV, IL & WI] Huntington Bank $200 Checking Promotion, No Direct Deposit Requirement
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Kentucky and West Virginia. Illinois and Wisconsin now also available.
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: Deposit at least $1,000
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $5, waivable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Expiration date:
March 31st, 2016 June 30, 2016 September 30th, 2016 January 31st, 2017 April 30th, 2017July 31st, 2017
- Open a Huntington 5 Checking account and receive a $200 sign up bonus when you make at least $1,000 in deposits within 60 days
The Fine Print
- $200 bonus will be deposited within 14 days of meeting the requirements
- This offer is not available to existing checking customers, including fiduciaries, or those with checking accounts closed within the last six months
- Bank reserves the right to limit each customer to one new account related gift incentive per calendar year
- This offer is only available to online applicants residing in Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Kentucky and West Virginia
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has a $5 monthly fee which is waived if you have a relationship balance of $5,000+ per month. They used to charge an early account termination fee but that is no longer charged.
It’s sometimes possible to receive $350 targeted bonuses with no direct deposit requirement (and sometimes these are also sold on eBay) but this is the best public bonus they offer. If I lived within the target area I’d definitely go for this bonus as no direct deposit is required. It’s kind of a hassle to keep the account fee free, but you could just suck up the $5 monthly fee or pay the early account termination fee of $25 if you didn’t want to park $5,000 (you’d be better off putting that money into a high interest account in my opinion).
We’ve added this bonus to our list of the best bank bonuses. You can view people’s experience with this bonus last time it was available here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
Hat tip to Maximizing Money