Published on April 14th, 2017 | by William Charles33
[Expired] OneWest Bank $200 Checking Bonus [CA, In Branch only]
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200 Visa gift card
- Availability: Any OneWest bank [branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $650 per month for two consecutive months. ACH deposit counts according to fine print
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $10, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Six months, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None mentioned
- Expiration date: May 31st, 2017
- OneWest Bank is offering a bonus of $200 (Visa gift card or other gifts of your choosing) when you complete the following requirements:
- Open a new Premium Checking or OneAccount checking account
- Activate a new debit card within 60 days of account opening
- Sign up for eStatements within 30 days of account opening
- Set up and receive recurring direct deposits or ACH deposits totaling $650 or more per month for at least two consecutive months within 90 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Limited time offer. $200 bonus offer is for customers aged 18 years or older who successfully open a new OneWest Bank Premium Checking or OneAccount checking account no later than May 31, 2017, and meet all the following “Eligibility Criteria”:
- Activate a new debit card on the new checking account within 60 days of account opening;
- Sign up for eStatements on the new checking account within 30 days of account opening;
- Set up and receive recurring direct deposits or ACH deposits totaling $650 or more per month for at least two consecutive months to the new checking account within 90 days of account opening.
- Bonus will be paid, at customer’s option, in the form of a prepaid card loaded with $200 or a gift valued at approximately $200.
- Customers who satisfy the Eligibility Criteria within the time frames specified above will be sent an e-mail with prepaid card and gift redemption codes and instructions within 30 days following the date on which all Eligibility Criteria were met.
- Checking account must remain open and in good standing for a least six months after account opening. If checking account is closed by the customer or OneWest Bank within six months after opening, the value of the bonus may be deducted from account at closing.
- Bonus is considered forfeited if not redeemed within 180 days after first email sent.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
You need to keep the account open for six months otherwise you will forfeit the bonus. The easiest account to keep fee free is the Premium checking account, this has a $10 monthly fee and this is waived if you meet any of the following requirements:
- Maintain $1,000 monthly balance
This is better than the $100 for both parties referral bonuses they have offered in the past. They have also offered this same $200 bonus before as well. I will be adding this bonus to our best bonus page as the requirements are fairly easy to meet (specifically states an ACH deposit will count towards direct deposit). Biggest downside is having to deal with a Visa gift card instead of cash.
Big thanks to reader, JarJar who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications