Published on April 19th, 2017 | by William Charles31
[Targeted] American Express Business Platinum 100,000 Points – No Lifetime Language
Update: At least one reader has this offer and it does show the lifetime language, so check your offer carefully.
No direct link, check your e-mails. Subject line is “Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points with the New Enhanced Business Platinum Card®”
- American Express is sending out targeted e-mails for 100,000 points after $10,000 in spend within the first three months on the Business Platinum card. What’s significantly is the fact that the one bonus per lifetime language is absent.
- Annual fee of $450 is not waived the first year
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 5x points per $1 spent on purchases made with airlines or hotels booked directly from AmericanExpress Travel website
- 1.5x points on qualifying purchases of $5,000 or more
- 1x points on all other purchases
- $200 airline incidental credit per calendar year
- Lounge access:
- Centurion lounge access
- International American Express lounge access
- Delta SkyClub lounge access
- Priority pass select membership
- Airspace lounge access
- Internet Access:
- Unlimited Boingo internet access
- SPG gold status (this will also give you Marriott Gold status)
- Hilton gold status
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓
- No foreign transaction fees
- View these other hidden benefits
- You can only get the sign up bonus on American Express cards once per lifetime. This does not apply to this offer! Double check fine print to make sure.
Yesterday we posted about a similar bonus of 60,000 points on the personal card, and now we have this offer on the Business Platinum. They have also recently offered upgrade offers of up to 75,000 on the business Platinum.
Is the offer worth applying for? If you’ve received a previous offer, value the benefits and are happy to paying the annual fee then yes. If you haven’t received a previous offer, you might be better offer waiting for either a bigger bonus (like 150,000 points) or a smaller minimum spend requirement. No guarantee you’ll see something like that in the near future though.
As always, make sure you read through these things everybody should know about American Express cards before applying.
Hat tip to reader Ngoc