Published on March 2nd, 2017 | by William Charles0
Techron (Chevron/Texaco) Premium Credit Card Review – 5% Rebate On Travel (Can Be Used With Other Cards)
- Earn 10¢ per gallon in fuel credits when you fill up at any Chevon or Texaco gas station for the first 60 days after account opening
- Earn 3¢ per gallon in fuel credits when you fill up at any Chevon or Texaco gas station
- Annual fee of $25, not waived first year
- 5% travel rebate when booking airline tickets, car rentals and lodging when booking through their travel reservation service
This card is a bit confusing, because the it’s listed as a credit card but it can only be used at Chevon/Texaco locations (it’s really a store card). What makes this interesting if that is the case, then how does the travel rebate work?
y call it a credit
5% Travel Rebate
As mentioned above this card gets a 5% travel rebate when booking airline tickets, car rentals and lodging when booking through their travel reservation service. MyFICO user tydawg points out two important things:
- Prices seem to be in line with other online travel agencies
- You can book with another credit card and still get the 5% rebate
If that second point is true then you’d be getting back a minimum of 7% cash back on all travel purchases (not great for hotels, but fantastic for flights) if you used a 2%+ cash back card. Possibly more, depending on how it codes (possibly travel or even gas).
How useful this card is really depends on that 5% travel rebate, there are other cards that offer much better than 3¢ back per gallon in fuel credits on gas purchases. If anybody has this card/any experience with the 5% rebate, please share your experiences in the comments below.