Published on April 24th, 2017 | by William Charles46
Wells Fargo Visa Signature 20,000 Point Bonus – Worth $300 Towards Airfare & 5x On Gas, Grocery, Drugstores
- Wells Fargo is currently offering a bonus of 20,000 points after $1,000 in spend within the first three months
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 5x on gas, grocery & drugstores for the first six months
- 1x on all other purchases
- No annual fee
- Points are worth an extra 50% when redeemed for airfare (e.g $300 points is worth $450 towards airfare)
- Cell Phone Protection
I mentioned that Wells Fargo has increased the sign up bonus on some of their cards to $200, but thought this card in particular was worth singling out for two reasons:
- It offers 5x on gas, grocery and drugstores within the first six months. It’s no longer possible to put high spend through these categories, but you can still put some spend towards them.
- Points are worth an additional 50% when redeeming for airfare. Flights must be booked through Go Far Rewards. The cost of the ticket is divided by 0.015 and then rounded up to the nearest whole point.
The good thing is that the Wells Fargo Propel World card also earns these Go Far Rewards points (and you can still get a 40,000 point sign up bonus on that card). That means rather than getting $400 in cash with that bonus you could get up to $600 in airfare (combined with another $300 in airfare with this card).
In addition to this there is a hidden benefit of this card where you actually get 1.75x per point towards airfare when you spend $50,000 or more in a year. Like most bank travel portals, some airlines aren’t bookable (e.g Southwest), they also used to charge a $24 fee per airline ticket but this stopped being charged on July 1st, 2016.
As always before applying for this or any other Wells Fargo card make sure you read through these things everybody should know. We will also be adding this to our list of the best credit card sign up bonuses currently available.