According to a source familiar with the matter American Express will be relaunching the Business Gold Card.
- $295 annual fee, not waived first year
- Card will earn 4x points on the two categories your business spends the most each billing cycle, from the following list (up to $150,000 in combined purchases each calendar year):
- Airfare purchased directly from airlines
- U.S. purchases for advertising in select media
- U.S. purchases at gas stations
- U.S. purchases for shipping
- U.S. computer hardware, software, and cloud computing purchases made directly from select providers
- 25% points back after you book a flight with pay with points
I suspect this will be formally launched on November 8th. We previously posted that the 75,000 point offer would be available through November 7th, 2018. Based on what happened with the personal gold card I wouldn’t expect a strong launch offer when compared to the current bonus (75,000 points, annual fee waived) so if you’re eligible I’d recommend applying now. Keep in mind this hasn’t been officially confirmed by American Express as of yet, but I’m extremely confident it’s happening. It’s also not clear if this is the full list of benefits, or if others will be added.