Published on May 12th, 2015 | by Chuck15
Amex Offers: Free $5-10 for iTunes [Targeted]
Most people are reporting the following offer:
- Spend $5 or more at iTunes and receive a $5 statement credit.
Others mention getting an offer of:
- Spend $10 or more at iTunes and receive a $10 statement credit.
This is really free money for those who use iTunes. Not all accounts are showing these offers, but many seem to have one of them.
The Fine Print
- Valid until 8/31/15
- “Enrolled card must be set as iTunes payment method”
- “iTunes gift cards purchased in Apple stores, on Apple.com, or through a 3rd party are excluded.”
- “Not valid for purchases of any other Apple products in-store or online at Apple.com.”
The easiest way to take advantage of this offer is to buy $10 iTunes gift cards and get $5 or $10 off. ($10 is the smallest iTunes gift card denomination.) You should also be able to get an additional 8% back by going through the portal.
The terms of the Amex Offer exclude gift cards purchased on apple.com, but travelwithgrant.com reports that he purchased a $10 iTunes e-gift card through the iTunes program and received the email from Amex thanking him for using the offer. So it appears possible to trigger the credit so long as you buy it from the iTunes program/app. This has been the case in the past as well and has been confirmed by others as well (1, 2).
It would also be possible to resell the iTunes gift card. The only option here would be to sell it to Cardcash since the other sellers don’t accept e-gift cards. In the case of the $5 Offer, there wouldn’t be much of a profit, but it could be useful for those who got the $10. Would yield ~$6 profit.
Personally, I’m having trouble finding the link for these $10 iTunes e-gift cards. If anyone can provide us with the link, I’ll add it into the post. [UPDATE: Grant advises us that the e-gift card link is on the right-hand side when you log into your iTunes account. Look for “redeem” or “purchase” words.]
See these posts to learn more about Amex Offers:
- AmEx Offers: An Introduction & Profitable Examples
- How To Sign Up For Multiple American Express Sync Offers
- Amex Offer Credit Not Posting, What to Do?
- How Does American Express Decide Who Receives What AmEx Sync Offer?