Published on November 12th, 2017 | by William Charles300
Best Current Credit Card Sign Up Bonuses & Offers For December, 2017
A list of the best current credit card sign up bonuses & offers for December, 2017. We update this page on a daily basis with any new deals and include all bonuses (we don’t use any credit card affiliate links so we can remain unbiased unlike other sites).
Given how popular our best bank account bonus page is, I thought I’d try my hand at something similar for credit card bonuses. This page will be updated regularly, so feel free to bookmark it and share it on social media/forums (I’ll also add it to the header under credit cards to make it easily accessible). Keep in mind we do not use credit card affiliate links, so this is an unbiased list.
A few final thoughts before we get to this list:
- There will be a random amount of entries on this list at any one time dependent on how many cards I currently think are worth signing up for.
- I’ll be taking into account whether a bonus is at it’s highest level ever or not (mostly because I don’t think an offer is truly the best if it regularly goes up to a higher level or I suspect it’ll go to a higher level in the near future).
- I won’t be taking into account special application rules (e.g Chase 5/24 rule or American Express once per lifetime rule), but I will mention them clearly.
- If there is a card that is popular and I haven’t included, I’ll put it under “Not On The List” and explain my reasons why.
Keep in mind that having a clear goal will help you decide what the best cards for you are! If you don’t want to travel and just want to earn cash back, then the best card for you will be different than somebody that wants to fly first class to Paris and stay in 5 star accommodation.
- 1 Personal Cards
- 1.1 Platinum 100,000 Point Offer
- 1.2 Citi Premier 50,000 Point Offer
- 1.3 Citi Presitge 40,000 Point Offer
- 1.4 Wells Fargo Propel World 40,000 Points In Branch Or Phone
- 1.5 Barclaycard JetBlue Plus 60,000 Points
- 1.6 Chase In Branch Offers (Freedom & Freedom Unlimited 30,000 Points & Sapphire Preferred/Reserve 60,000 Points)
- 1.7 Bank of America Premium Rewards 50,000 Points + $100 Travel Credit
- 1.8 Bank of America Alaska Airlines 30,000 Miles + $100 Statement Credit + Free Companion Ticket
- 1.9 Bank of America Amtrak 30,000 Point Offer
- 1.10 Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite MasterCard 60,500 Miles
- 1.11 Wells Fargo Visa Signature 20,000 Point Bonus
- 1.12 Chase Hyatt 40,000 Points + $50 Statement Credit
- 1.13 Discover it – $50 + Double Cash Back
- 1.14 U.S. Bank FlexPerks Gold American Express – 30,000 Points
- 2 Business Card Bonuses
- 3 Recent Changes
- 4 Final Thoughts
These cards are listed in order from absolute best to best (e.g the better cards are at the top).
Platinum 100,000 Point Offer
Not everybody is able to get this offer to show, but if you are then it’s a great offer. Just keep in mind it does have a massive $550 annual fee, but for that you get good lounge access, $200 in airline incidentals per calendar year (so you can get it twice and only pay the annual fee once) and $200 in Uber credits per card member year as well. Obviously not for everybody, but if you can maximize those airline incidentals then this is a really great offer. There is also an upgrade offer of 60,000 points without the lifetime language, unfortunately that is targeted.
Citi Premier 50,000 Point Offer
This popular offer is back now, and it’s $95 annual fee is waived the first year. There has been an even better 60k offer in the past, but that one is uncommon.
Citi Presitge 40,000 Point Offer
If you’re lucky you might be able to squeeze in three travel credits and only pay one annual fee. It’s rare to see a sign up bonus on this card, just keep in the Citi restrictions when it comes to choosing between this and the Premier.
Wells Fargo Propel World 40,000 Points In Branch Or Phone
This card isn’t available online anymore and I can’t see it being available in branch for too much longer either. Card also comes with $100 in travel reimbursements each year and the annual fee of $175 is waived the first year as well. Points are worth 1¢ each so this bonus is worth $400 + the $100 in travel reimbursements.
Barclaycard JetBlue Plus 60,000 Points
Unfortunately the $99 annual fee is not waived but this is 30,000 points higher than the standard bonus and the highest ever offered by 20,000 points. JetBlue points are worth between 0.97¢ & 1.89¢ and award flight prices are tied to the cash rate. That makes this bonus worth between $582 and $1,134 in JetBlue/Hawaiian flights.
Chase In Branch Offers (Freedom & Freedom Unlimited 30,000 Points & Sapphire Preferred/Reserve 60,000 Points)
This is actually four different offers. A bonus of 30,000 points on the Chase Freedom & Freedom Unlimited cards and a bonus of 60,000 points on Chase Sapphire Preferred & Reserve cards. These offers are only available in branch (should show up when asking for a pre-approval and pre-approved offers also bypass 5/24 rule). The normal bonus on the Freedom & Freedom Unlimited is only 15,000 points and on the Preferred & Reserve it’s 50,000.
Bank of America Premium Rewards 50,000 Points + $100 Travel Credit
Card comes with a 50,000 point sign up bonus worth $500 towards statement credit. In addition you get a $100 travel credit each calendar year, downside is that this can only be used on domestic originated flights (not sure how or if this is actually enforced yet) and a $95 annual fee.
Bank of America Alaska Airlines 30,000 Miles + $100 Statement Credit + Free Companion Ticket
The real value here is the fact that Bank of America allows you to combine inquiries. That means you can pair this bonus with another Bank of America card (or two) and only receive the single hard pull. Deal is only better after the addition of the free companion ticket (plus taxes and fees) in the first year.
Bank of America Amtrak 30,000 Point Offer
Amazing deal for train lovers. 30,000 points are worth $768-$870 in train travel. Shame it requires status to transfer the points to Choice hotels. Can also be combined with the above offer.
Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite MasterCard 60,500 Miles
Another card with no minimum spend requirement. The downside is that American Airline miles are not terribly useful or valuable at the moment due to the fact that there is very little saver space available. Still the highest offer on this card.
Wells Fargo Visa Signature 20,000 Point Bonus
Makes Wells Fargo points worth 1.5¢ each towards airfare. Also earns 5x on Gas, Grocery, Drugstores for first six months (unfortunately can’t put much volume through anymore).
Chase Hyatt 40,000 Points + $50 Statement Credit
Standard bonus is now 40,000 points but you can get an extra $50 statement credit by doing a dummy booking.
Discover it – $50 + Double Cash Back
The sign up bonus on this card is low ($50 when you use a referral) but the real bonus is that after the first year you get your cash back doubled for that year (including the $50 referral bonus). This card has 5% rotating categories (up to $1,500 in spend per quarter), this means you’ll get 10% cash back on those categories. This card really only makes sense if you’ll be able to max out those categories at least some of the time.
There is also currently a public $75 bonus offer. Read our review.
U.S. Bank FlexPerks Gold American Express – 30,000 Points
Relatively new card, points are worth $300 in cash or up to $600 in airfare (or $450 in hotels) so some good value to be had here with a nice fallback cash redemption option as well. Annual fee of $85 is not waived in the first year, but it does also earn 3x points for restaurant purchases.
Business Card Bonuses
American Express Business Platinum 100,000 Points
This is a super old way to get this bonus and it doesn’t work for everybody but this is basically as good as it gets for this card apart from high spend targeted offers.
American Express Business Gold Rewards 75,000 Points
Similar to the above offer this requires calling in to receive it. 25,000 points more than the standard bonus on this card but does require an additional $5,000 in spend.
Chase Ink Preferred – 100,000 Points
Requires going in branch to get this offer. You should be able to get this bonus even if you’re not a business managed customer and if you can get them to submit a paper application it should by pass Chase 5/24.
Chase Southwest Business Premier – 60,000 Points
Really good card and offer. It is better when the personal cards have the 60,000 points as well that way you have enough Southwest points for the companion pass. Chase 5/24 rule does apply to this card and the personal cards, so it’ll be extremely difficult for most people to get the two bonuses required for this bonus.
AmaZing Credit Cards – $1,000 CA, TX, CO & NV
Would be higher but we don’t know much about the credit unions offering this deal. Once we do it certainly will be higher in this list.
I thought it would be useful to list when and why I make changes here.
- [11/26] Added Citi Presitge 40,000 Point Offer
- [11/08] Added Barclaycard JetBlue Plus 60,000 Points
- [11/01] Removed American Express Business SPG – 35,000 Points as that deal has expired
- [11/01] Removed Synchrony Cathay Pacific 50,000 Miles as deal has expired
- [10/16] Removed Avianca Vuela Visa Card – 40,000/60,000 as promo code no longer working
- [10/11] Added Chase In Branch Offers (Freedom & Freedom Unlimited 30,000 Points & Sapphire Preferred/Reserve 60,000 Points)
- [10/09] Added [CA, TX & NV Only] AmaZing Business Credit Card $500 Or $1,000 Sign Up Bonus
- [10/08] Removed Chase Southwest Premier & Plus 60,000 Points Offers
- [10/05] Added American Express Business SPG 35,000 Point Offer
- [10/04] Added Citi Premier 50k offer back as working link was found, removed Citi prestige as offer is no longer available
- [10/01] Removed Citi ThankYou Premier 50,000 point offer
- [10/01] Removed City National Bank Crystal Visa Infinite 50,000 Point Offer
- [09/25] Removed CitiBusiness American Airlines 60,000/75,000 Miles
- [09/24] Removed Merrill+ 50,000 Point Offer.
- [09/20] Removed Barclaycard Arrival as bonus has been reduced to 40,000 from 50,000
- [09/18] Added Bank of America Premium Rewards Credit Card 50,000 point offer
- [08/21] Added Chase Southwest Premier & Plus 60,000 Points Offers
- [08/12] Added Barclaycard JetBlue Plus 40,000 Point Offer (Highest Ever)
- [08/09] Added Cathay Pacific Credit Card Bonus Increased To 50,000 Miles After $2,500 In Spend
- [08/09] Added Citi American Airlines 60,000 Miles Business Offer (Possible Match to 75,000 Mile Offer)
- [08/09] Added Citi American Airlines 60,000 Miles Personal Offer (Possible Match To 75,000 Miles)
- [08/02] Added City National Bank Crystal Visa Infinite 50,000 Point Sign Up Bonus ($400 AF Waived First Year, Lounge Access & $250 Travel Credit)
- [07/29] Added American Express Business Gold Rewards 75,000 Points
- [07/27] Removed Chase Southwest Personal Plus/Premier – 60,000 Points as they are no longer valid.
- [07/26] Added Chase Hyatt Two Free Night + $50 + 5,000 Point Bonus
- [07/20] Added Bank of America Amtrak 30,000 Point Offer
- [07/06] IHG updated as there is now a direct link
- [06/30] Removed Chase Hyatt Two Free Nights + $50 + 5,000 Points
- [06/30] Removed Blue Business Plus 20,000 Points
- [06/25] Added Blue Business Plus 20,000 Points
- [06/25] Added American Express Business Platinum 100,000 Points
- [06/25] Added Chase Hyatt Two Free Night + $50 + 5,000 Point Bonus
- [06/15] Removed Citi Hilton 40,000 Point Offer – No 24 Month Language, link no longer working
- [06/07] Removed TravElite card
- [06/05] Added All Three Chase Southwest Cards Increased To 60,000 Points – Easy Companion Pass
- [06/05] Added Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite MasterCard Bonus Increased To 50,500 Miles
- [04/27] Added American Express Personal Platinum 100,000 Points After $5,000 In Spend
- [04/24] Added Wells Fargo Visa Signature 20,000 Point Bonus – Worth $300 Towards Airfare & 5x On Gas, Grocery, Drugstores
- [04/24] Added Chase Hyatt Two Free Night + $50 + 5,000 Point Bonus
- [04/12] Added TravElite Credit Card From FNBO Review – Now With 25,000 Point ($250 Sign Up Bonus), No AF + $100 Travel Credit
- [04/12] Added Chase Marriott 100k point offer
- [04/07] Removed SPG 35,000 point offers
- [03/21] Removed CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select 50,000 Signup Bonus
- [03/20] Added Merrill+ phone offer
- [03/14] Added CNB 100,000 point business offer
- [03/14] Added CNB 70,000 point personal offer
- [03/14] Removed Ritz-Carlton 3 free night offer as bonus has expired
- [03/14] Removed Chase Sapphire Reserve as bonus has dropped to 50,000 points
- [03/06] Removed Citi AA 50k offer with no 24 month language as it expired again
- [03/05] Added Chase Sapphire Preferred up to 75,000 point offer
- [03/05] Removed Merrill+ card as the offer had expired
- [02/28] Added Citi American Airlines 50,000 Offer without 24 Month Language
- [02/26] Added Citi Business AA 50k offer as it contains no 24 month language.
- [02/26] Removed the blue for business offer from American Express as it had expired
- [02/21] Added the Chase Ritz-Carlton 3 night Link as I didn’t know it was still available
- [o2/21] Removed Citi American Airlines 50k/60k offer because the no 24 month language link has died.
I’m looking forward to the comments on this one, what do you think I’ve gotten wrong? What should be higher and what should be lower? What missed out and what should be removed from the list all together?