Published on June 5th, 2015 | by William Charles1
Free Trips For Bloggers, SPG Benefits, Two eBay Offers, Delta Coupon, Gift Card Shipping Insurance And More
- Quick Tip – How to Register for the Dollar General Amex Offer via Twitter by Miles to Memories. Remember that Dollar General sells gift cards, so it’s possible to get 20% off a lot of different cards.
- An interesting find on my way to Necker Island by Frequent Miler. For me, file this under interesting but useless (I don’t chase status).
- HYATT ERROR – 30,000 Points Added to Accounts by Will Run For Miles. Unfortunately the points have now been taken back.
- Starwood American Express: New Benefits Coming August 11 by View From The Wing. Looks like I was right about these changes, the only thing that I missed is that business card holders will also get access to Sheraton Club access.
- Free press trips for travel bloggers by Loyalty Traveler. Something I find interesting is that he says he finds it not a serious conflict of interest, yet he scrolls to the end of posts to see if others have given a free trip before reading their review. Presumably he does this because he knows that the fact they received the trip for free is influencing their review. I’ve been offered some of these free trips in the past and I’ve declined. I travel for fun and I can think of nothing worse than being told what to write about and being on the same press junket as whole heap of other bloggers.
- Man finds glitch in Choice Hotels rewards program, accumulates points, redeems for Applebee’s, gets sued by Personal Finance Digest. What’s incredible to me is that this guy claims to have actually stayed at over 1,100 properties within the past five years. You would have thought that Choice would have just fixed the bug, removed some of his points and then give him a personal hotel booker to keep his business.
- Check Your E-Mail For These Two Great eBay Offers! by Running With Miles. These could be useful offers if you’re targeted, have a look to see if you are.
- Shipping Gift Cards And Thinking About Getting Insurance? Don’t! by Great post by Noah as always, becoming one of my favorite blogs to follow. If you’re into gift card reselling, read this and save yourself some money.
- There is a Delta Coupon Code for all domestic flights by Mighty Travels. It’s only for 3% off, but hey at least it’s something.