Published on January 31st, 2015 | by William Charles52
How To Get The Chase IHG 80,000 Point + $50 Statement Credit Offer
For awhile there has been a link floating around for a 80,000 point + $50 statement credit offer on the Chase IHG card. The problem is that the offer displays fine, but when you click apply it redirects you to an inferior 60,000 point + $50 statement credit offer. The best public offer at the moment is 70,000 points after $1,000 in spend.
It is possible to get the 80,000 point + $50 after $1,000 in spend offer , but it’s not exactly easy. Here is what you need to do:
- Log into your IHG account
- Search for a hotel room
- If you don’t actually plan to stay there, make sure it’s a refundable room
- Select a room
- Pay with points (if you get the offer to trigger by paying with card, please let us know. Update: Reader NoVa Brad reports seeing the offer on the penultimate booking screen before he actually paid. YMMV.)
- Underneath your confirmation information you should see the offer clearly displayed
A few important points:
- This offer does not always show up. In fact it rarely shows up, they will usually show you a 60,000 point offer.
- Calling or sending a secured message to get matched to this offer does not work. If you try it, they will say that this offer is reserved for people that are targeted whilst booking a room, you can try saying that you booked a room and saw the offer but I doubt they will match it.
- Making multiple reservations to try and get the offer to trigger will be unlikely to work, but it might. I think some accounts are targeted for this promotion and it will trigger when they make the booking, whereas others have other (lower) targeted promotions assigned to their account.
- You can try checking your pre-approved offers with Chase. Chase let’s you check for pre-qualified offers, but in general they will only show Chase branded cards (e.g Chase Freedom or Chase Sapphire Preferred) so I doubt this offer would show. If it does, please let me know.
It looks like the credit card issuers and hotel chains are getting smarter, in the past they’ve shown these offers on the final payment page whereas now IHG is actually requiring you to complete a booking to see the offer. If you do or don’t get this offer to display, let me know what hotel/room you tried to book and the dates – maybe it’s being targeted that way.
Also I’d like your opinion, do you like seeing posts like this? Or would you rather I stick to credit card bonuses that are available to everybody?