Published on February 23rd, 2017 | by Chuck6
Public Signup Offer on Amex Blue Cash Cards: 10% Back on Restaurants (up to $200) + $150/100
There are increased incognito mode offers on both these cards, read more about them here:
- Blue Cash Everyday $450 Offer ($250+ 10% Back At Restaurants) via Incognito [YMMV]
- Blue Cash Preferred $450 Offer ($250+ 10% Back At Restaurants) via Incognito [YMMV]
A few weeks ago, Amex rolled out a new offer on their Blue Cash Preferred and Everyday cards, and these offers are now available with public links.
There are two parts to the bonus: the basic bonus and the special restaurant bonus.
- Blue Cash Everyday gets $100 bonus after spending $1,000 within three months
- Blue Cash Preferred gets $150 bonus after spending $1,000 within three months
- You earn 10% cash back on the first $2,000 in purchases made at U.S. Restaurants on the Card Account within your first 6 months of Card Membership starting from the date your account is approved
- Maximum of $200 back on restaurants with $2,000 in purchases
The Fine Print
- Offer is available through May 3, 2017.
- Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
- The statement credit will be applied 6-8 weeks after the spend threshold is met.
- Qualifying purchases can be made by the Basic Card Member and any Additional Card Members on a single Card Account.
- You earn 10% cash back on the first $2,000 in purchases made at U.S. Restaurants on the Card Account within your first 6 months of Card Membership starting from the date your account is approved (up to $200 back). You will receive cash back in the form of statement credits, which will appear on your monthly billing statement within 8 weeks after you make a qualifying purchase.
- To get 10% back for a restaurant purchase, the purchase must be at a restaurant located in the United States. You will NOT get 10% back for purchases made at a restaurant owned by a U.S. company but located outside the U.S. (e.g. Hard Rock Café in Paris).
- You also will NOT get 10% back for purchases at nightclubs, convenience stores, grocery stores, or supermarkets. You may not get 10% back for purchases at a restaurant located within another establishment (e.g. a restaurant inside a hotel, casino, or event venue). For example, purchases made at a restaurant located within a hotel may be recognized as a purchase at a hotel, not a restaurant. Merchants are assigned codes based on what they primarily sell. You will not get 10% back if the merchant’s code is not eligible. You may not get 10% back on purchases made through a third-party payment account, or using a mobile card reader.
- If your application is not received by 05/03/2017, you will not be eligible for the 10% Offer even if your application is approved.
- The 10% back you earn for this offer is in addition to any rewards you may get from using your Card Account.
- Qualifying purchases can be made by the Basic Card Member and any Additional Card Members on the Card Account.
- If your application is not received by 05/03/2017, you will not be eligible for the $150/100 Statement Credit and 10% Promotional offer and the friend who referred you may not receive the Referral Bonus even if your application is approved.
As noted, this offer is also available via referral links and the referrer now gets a whopping $100 for that so be sure to use a friend’s link. If you don’t have a link to use, consider taking a link from this referral thread to help out another reader without losing anything yourself.
The offer is pretty good if you find it easy to max out the $200 restaurant category, and especially good if you have a spouse/relative/friend who will get $100 bonus for referring you. Hopefully, the cash part of the bonus will bump up to $250 cash + $200 restaurant via incognito offers, as has happened with similar offers in the past.
Bear in mind that you can only get one signup bonus per lifetime on Amex cards. Check out these things to know about Amex cards before applying.