Published on January 13th, 2016 | by William Charles1
Recap: MIT Lottery Winners, Voltaire Lottery Rigging, Free IHG Points For Asking, Free Carrabbas & More
- MIT students scammed Massachusetts State Lottery for $8 million: report by NY Daily News. One of the many reasons I don’t bother with the lottery
- How Voltaire Made A Fortune Rigging The Lottery by Today I Found Out. Another little lottery scam, it seems some people are just born with the ability to look for profitable loopholes in different things. That’s why I’m not concerned about this hobby, if it ever does die I’ll just do something else.
- [data point] was 3000 IHG points short of a night stay, got it credited for nothing by /r/churning. IHG has done this for me in the past as well, worth an ask if you’re short on points.
- American Express lays off more than Newan 100 in downtown St. Pete by Biz Journals. This is the office responsible for serve, if any disgruntled employees wanna get in touch – please feel free to do so.
- Carrabbas 1,000,000 dish give away. Not as good as it sounds, you’ll randomly win one of the following: Free Entrée, Free Appetizer or Free Small Plate from Carrabba’s Italian Gril.
- Seahawks Playoffs Lottery Contest by Single Flyer. In case you hadn’t notice, I’m lottery crazy this post. Fun story though, I wish I won stuff like this!
- Coin Digital Wallet Card Review by Frequent Miler. Nice to see an in depth review of this card, I knew no EMV support would be a massive issue and it looks like it is. These digital cards are kind of pointless unless they work flawlessly and even then the hassle of explaining what they are must get tiresome.
- Navy Federal Eliminates Foreign Transaction Fees on all Credit Cards by PR Newswire. About time they made this change, foreign transaction fees are so early 2000’s.