Published on March 3rd, 2016 | by William Charles62
American Express Starwoods Preferred Guest (SPG) 35,000 Point Offer [Personal & Business] – Highest Ever
- Receive a sign up bonus of 35,000 points when you spend $3,000 or more within the first three months on the American Express SPG personal card. Annual fee of $95 is waived first year.
- Receive a sign up bonus of 35,000 points when you spend $5,000 or more within the first three months on the American Express SPG business card. Annual fee of $95 is waived first year.
The Fine Print
- Valid until March 30th, 2016
- Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product (shows on both personal & business offers)
August 11th, 2015 new benefits were added to both the personal & business cards and the annual fee was increased to $95 on both cards. Below is a list of all the benefits each card currently offers.
- No foreign transaction fee
- Boingo internet access for up to four devices
- Premium in room internet at all SPG hotels
- Earn 2x points on all SPG purchases
- Earn 1x points on all other purchases
Same benefits listed as the personal card above, but also comes with free Sheraton club access .
This is the best bonus ever on the SPG card. The standard bonus is usually 25,000 points and normally goes up to 30,000 once per year. If you’ve never had either card, then I’d definitely sign up for this card – although it could go higher if American Express wants to up their number of cardholders before any Marriott/SPG merger. I’d also recommend reading these things you should know about American Express credit cards.
One of them is about American Express matching sign up bonuses, if you applied for one of these cards recently with a lower sign up bonus then American Express won’t usually match you, but they will sometimes give you courtesy points. Share your experiences in the comments below.
Update: The referral links also include the new 35,000 point sign up bonus. Please don’t share them here, we will set up another post and you can share them there instead.
Hat tip to reader Sasha