Update 1/13/23: We posted this yesterday as a targeted offer, and there’s now a public link (updated below). Wow! If you’re not ready to open the account now, I’d recommend quickly using the email option to save the offer for later since the link can expire at any time.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $900
- Availability: Nationwide, online or in-branch
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum. Click here to view what triggers this bonus.
- Additional requirements: None for checking; $15,000 balance for savings
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Doesn’t pull
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $50 with a debit card online (prepaids do not work). Cannot fund with debit or credit in branch.
- Monthly fees: $12, waivable
- Early account termination fee: Bonus taken back if closed within six months
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: April 19, 2023
Direct Link to offer (open incognito – do that by using the right-click option on your mouse)
- Chase is offering a checking & savings bonus worth up to $900. Bonus is as follows:
- Receive a bonus of $300 when you open a Chase Total checking account and have a direct deposit post to the account within 90 days.
- Receive a bonus of $200 when you open a Chase savings account and deposit $15,000 or more in new money within 30 days and maintain a balance of $15,000 for 90 days.
- Receive an extra $400 bonus when you complete both of the above bonuses.
The Fine Print
- Checking offer is not available to existing Chase checking customers. Savings offer is not available to existing Chase savings customers. Both offers are not available to those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance within the last 3 years.
- You can receive only one new checking and one new savings account opening related bonus every two years from the last coupon enrollment date and only one bonus per account. Coupon is good for one-time use.
- To receive the checking bonus: 1) Open a new Chase Total Checking account, which is subject to approval; AND 2) Have your direct deposit made to this account within 90 days of coupon enrollment. Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government. Person to Person payments (such as Zelle®) are not considered a direct deposit. (Micro-deposits do not qualify as a direct deposit for the bonus. Micro-deposits are small deposits, typically less than $1, that are sent to your account to verify it is the correct account.)
- After you have completed all the above checking requirements, we’ll deposit the bonus in your new account within 15 days. To receive the savings bonus: 1) Open a new Chase SavingsSM account, which is subject to approval; 2) Deposit a total of $15,000 or more in new money into the new savings account within 30 days of coupon enrollment; AND 3) Maintain at least a $15,000 balance for 90 days from the coupon enrollment. The new money cannot be funds held by you at Chase or its affiliates.
- After you have completed all the above savings requirements, we’ll deposit the bonus in your new account within 15 days.
- To receive the extra bonus: You must open the checking and savings account at the same time and complete all requirements above for BOTH the checking bonus and savings bonus. After you have completed all requirements, we will deposit the remaining bonus due in your new account within 15 days.
- To receive any of the above bonuses, the enrolled account must not be closed or restricted at the time of payout. Eligibility may be limited based on account ownership. The Annual Percentage Yield (APY) for Chase SavingsSM, effective as of 12/29/2022, is 0.01% for all balances in all states. Interest rates are variable and subject to change. Additionally, fees may reduce earnings on the account.
- Bonuses are considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT (or Form 1042-S, if applicable).
The Chase Savings Account comes with a monthly service fee of $5. Monthly fee is waived with any ONE of the following:
- Keep a minimum daily balance of $300 or more
- Have at least one repeating automatic transfer from your Chase checking account of $25 or more; one time transfers do not qualify
- Have a linked Chase Premier Plus Checking, Chase Premier Platinum Checking, or Chase Private Client Checking account
The Chase Total Checking account comes with a monthly service fee of $10-$12 which is waived if complete any of the following:
- Have monthly direct deposits totaling $500 or more
- Keep a minimum daily balance of $1,500 or more in the checking account
- Keep an average daily balance of $5,000 or more in any combination of qualifying Chase checking, savings and other balances
Early Account Termination Fee
If you close either account within 6 months of account opening, you will forfeit the bonus.
This is the best public bonus we’ve seen on this account, really excellent offer and much better than the prior $600 offer.
Be sure to have the $15,000 sent directly to the Chase savings account. If you send it to the checking and then transfer it over to the savings, I don’t know if you’ll earn the savings bonuses.
If you have a Chase account open currently (1/13/23), you should be able to close it out now and do the $900 after 90 days since there’s more than 90 days currently before that offer expires.
- How To Find The Chase Bank Account Bonus Tracker
- PSA: Don’t Use ACH-Pull for Chase Bank Account Openings, Avoid Account Lockup
- Does Chase Match a Checking or Savings Bonus? (Yes, For 21 Days)
Hat tip to reader ST and TJ
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times