Update 3/1/23: Deal is back through 5/31/23. Stack with a shopping portal.
Update 10/10/22: Deal is back and valid until 12/31/2022.
Update 6/14/22: Deal is back through 8/31/22 (ht TDD)
Update 2/1/22: Reader Dan notes that you can sign up through a shopping portal and get $5, making it a money maker.
Check your AmEx Offers for the following deal:
- Get $4.99 back as a one-time monthly statement credit, for up to 3 months, by using your enrolled Card to spend $4.99+ in one or more eligible US transactions in any 1 month during the offer period. Valid online at peacocktv.com. Your ability to redeem will reset on a monthly basis until 3/31/21.
The Fine Print
- Offer valid online only via peacocktv.com.
- In order to qualify, you must subscribe to Peacock online at peacocktv.com and pay Peacock directly with your eligible Card. If you do not already have a Peacock account, in order for your transaction to be eligible, you must visit peacocktv.com and create a Peacock account, select the “Peacock Premium” plan and enter your eligible American Express Card payment information.
- Excludes subscriptions bundled with cable services and bundles and promotional offers through third parties.
- Once you add the offer to your eligible Card, you must spend a minimum of $4.99 in one or more eligible US transactions by the last day of each calendar month to be considered eligible for a one-time statement credit. You may receive the one-time statement credit, up to 3 times (for up to 3 months of monthly minimum spend total) during the offer period. Your ability to redeem will reset on the first day of each calendar month and end on the last day of the same calendar month until 3/31/2021. Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member per monthly spend and 3 statement credits per Card Member per offer period (total of $14.97). An “eligible transaction” means one or more US purchases made in a calendar month with your enrolled Card on or before 3/31/2021 totaling at least $4.99 each.
Peacock premium is $4.99/mo, so this deal gets you 3 free months. Or it gets you half off the $9.99 for Premium Plus which is ad free. Be sure to cancel after 3 months if you don’t want to continue. I don’t know much about Peacock, feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.
Go through a shopping portal to sweeten the deal.
I don’t care about Peacock.. I’m confused how is this a $6 moneymaker? Isn’t it just $4.99 off $4.99 rebated for 3 months?
Chuck ? I signed up last night just seeing the $6 moneymaker but realized I’m not sure how it would be a MM?
With the shopping portal. Let me try to make that clearer.
Did this last year for 3 months, just did it again. Free is free, after all. They do have a few decent new movies like M3GHAN and some nice older ones. Just remember to cancel before they try to you again after the deal runs outs in May.
What does Peacock offer that is any good,? 99% crap NBC shows that are a waste of time and pretty bad movies chock full of ads. Only thing good there are Colombo’s from the 70′ and 80’s. And 90’s. I get it for free via Xfinity and they are deleting it in June . Could care less. I’d rather read interesting books.
You’re showing your age 🙂 j/k
Some of us still watch NBC shows and having cut the cord, Peacock is the only way to watch them. They have some decent movies and some shows unavailable elsewhere (Depature, The Undeclared War) .
then dont use it
Chuck I received annual subscription offer.
Get a one-time $15 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to make a single annual purchase of $49.99 or more online at peacocktv.com by 5/31/2023. See terms.
Signed up with new email and received amex email right away after paying
Did anyone else try the offer and receive a random $0.50 credit from PEACOCK TV, LLC UNIVERSAL CITY seemingly voiding the offer? Anyone know if you can dispute a credit?
same here. why is it $0.50.
there was another amex offer for 10% back on cable tv that stacked, there is where the extra $0.50 came from
Just signed up with the $8 cashback site and got the email from Amex. I got paid $8 the last time I signed up, so no reason to believe that I won’t this time. Used a different email address, just in case they required a new user for the cash back.
I have an Amerx offer for $15 back after spending $50 at Peacock. I dont’ see the $5 offer.
Looks like RebatesMe is at $8, so this would be an $8 MM plus CC points (1% on $4.99, or $0.05/mo). RebatesMe says it is valid on “Premium Start”. Not sure what that is? (Swagbucks is a bit more clear, albet it at $4 – Premium or Premium Plus).
Probably just means the beginning of a subscription.
Got this on AU card of Platinum. Hopefully it will be stacked with $20 entertainment credit
I don’t think AU get the $20 entertainment credit. It is only for the primary card member.
KamBamSlam AU charges will trigger any credit on the “parent” account, but they don’t have twice the credits.
This is correct. The recurring entertainment credit gets hit on our AU card, and we receive the credit just fine.