Published on December 19th, 2017 | by Chuck102
Amex Offers: Sam’s Club Get 2,500/$25 with $45 Membership Purchase, Stack with $20 GC Bonus [Targeted]
Check your Amex logins for this targeted offer:
Get a $25 statement credit by using your registered Amex card to purchase a new Sam’s Club Membership online at samsclub.com
The Fine Print
- Expires 1/31/18
- Offer valid only on a new Sam’s Club Membership (Savings, Business or Plus) purchased online at US website (samsclub.com) and not valid on memberships purchased in-Club, via mobile app or by phone
- Excludes membership renewals, upgrades, add-ons or additional membership or any purchase of Sam’s Club Gift of Membership or Prepaid Sam’s Savings Membership
I’d have preferred to get this offer on my points cards since 2,500 points is worth $31.25 for me; but I only found it on my Cash cards so it’s just $25 off. Remaining cost is $20 + sales tax.
However, we can stack the deal to make it better. There are numerous signup bonus offers from Sam’s Club to get a free Sam’s e-gift card for signing up. Here are the best offers:
- Get a $20 Sam’s e-gift card when using a referral link – here’s one such referral link (note: these don’t seem to have been working properly, I contacted Sam’s to find out why)
- Get a $15 Sam’s e-gift when using this signup link (top-left it shows the $15 bonus)
- If you have a student email address, there’s a way to get a $25 Sam’s gift card
- Frequentmiler notes you can instead get 1,500 American Airlines miles for signing up if you prefer
Aside from that, you can use a shopping portal:
- Topcashback is currently offering 7% back on Sam’s membership purchases; that’s another $3.15 back
I especially like that this deal is can be done completely online. I just did the deal using a new email address to avoid any doubts about it being considered a continuation of an expired Sam’s membership on my regular email address.. So far there hasn’t been any instant confirmations, not from Amex about the offer credit, nor from Sam’s about the $20 referral bonus. Hopefully, it’s just a matter of time.
It might be a good idea to immediately turn off auto-renewal in your Sam’s login in case you forget next year. Once you have Sam’s membership, you’ll be able to take advantage of a different Amex Offer to get 5x points for in-club purchases until year’s end.
Please do not leave your referrals here in the comments, head over to this dedicated page to do so. You can try forming a conga line there too since the referrer also gets a $10 bonus, just keep in mind these conga’s don’t usually work well.