Published on April 17th, 2015 | by William Charles4
Being A Blogger, Necker Island, Indonesian Visas, Hotel Categories + More
- The Opportunity Cost of Being a Miles and Points Blogger by Miles For Family. MFF is closing up shop, I think it’s worth reading her reasons as to why – especially if you’re thinking about getting into this blogging game. I’ve almost thrown in the towel several times – especially after a few vicious attacks. I’m sure I won’t do this forever as it’s quite a draining hobby but for now I’m still enjoying myself and trying to focus on the positives. As always, if you like a blogger support them (and I’m not talking about this site, I’m talking about any site you get value from).
- IHG’s Unannounced Stealth Devaluation – ~450 Properties Are Changing in Cost by Miles to Memories. The old sneaky devaluation. 300 hotels are increasing in price and 150 decreasing, all changes will be in the 5,000 or 10,000 point range.
- Three cheers for Category 1 redemptions! by PFdigest. This has inspired me to try and write more about low cost (miles and points) travel.
- 420,000 miles closer to Necker Island by Frequent Miler. I love when FM does crazy stuff like this. A lot of people will say it’s a waste of time/miles for a one week trip, but he is having fun and at the end of the day that’s what this hobby and life is all about. If that post gets you interested in applying for multiple cards in the same day, this handy list will let you know which credit card issuers have their inquiries combined.
- CleverLayover Search Engine: Find Cheap Flights and Really Long Layovers by Travel With Grant. Going to have more of a play with this later, but looks interesting.
- Is Indonesia really adding to their Visa-free list or not? by Tagging Miles. Looks like this is not going ahead. A little tip: bring US currency to pay your Visa fee. If you use Indonesian Rupiah the rate you receive is absolutely awful.