Published on April 22nd, 2015 | by Miles Whip11
21.5%+ off Uber with Capital One + 2 Free Rides
Capital One and Uber have developed a new partnership that will benefit Capital One customers who have a Quicksilver credit card (previously reviewed here). As a part of this parnership Quicksilver card members will receive 20% off all Uber purchases via a credit card statement. This means card members will receive 1.5% cashback via their Quicksilver card purchases in addition to 20% off Uber fares which is a great discount for any cardholder (Uber and Capital One)
- Must have a Quicksilver card
- 2 Free rides of up to $30 each is for NEW customers only
- New Customers must register by June 30th, 2015 for 2 Free rides
- Use Promo code CAPITALONE
- Valid for ALL CapitalOne credit card and debit cardholders including 360 accounts
- Free rides valid till June 30, 2016
- Free rides not vaild on UberTAXI
- 20% discount valid through April 2016
We have seen Uber make several partnerships with major card companies, before (American Express Membership Rewards and Starwood). But a 21%+ discount is a great deal for anyone who uses Uber on a frequent basis. I personally would never sign up for the Quicksilver card directly (no signup bonus and only 1.5x cash back), but if I had another Capital One credit card that I applied for with a sign up bonus lying around in a sock drawer, I would definitely weigh product changing to the Quicksilver card for this discount for the next year.
Another thing to keep in mind is there are some advantages to having and applying for a Capital One card as mentioned here and in our newsletter.