Update 9/22/19: This was due to be live 9/23/19, but it looks like it has gone live early. Hat tip to leetommy
Update 9/18/19: Miles Talk is reporting this as confirmed. Reddit user bspok3 is also saying this is confirmed by a Citi insider. Few things to note:
- Chairman, Prestige, or Premier cardholders will be able to transfer to all travel partners at a 1:1 rate
- If you don’t have one of those cards, you’ll be able to transfer to JetBlue at a 1:0.8 rate
Update 9/13/19: A reddit user was told that Citi Double Cash Rewards will be convertible at a $1:100 rate (e.g 2% back = 2 Citi ThankYou points) starting 9/23. This would be a massive game changer.
Original post: In their most recent statement reader David G reports seeing an account message stating that in Fall 2019 Citi Double Cash rewards will be convertible to Citi ThankYou Points. Unfortunately it doesn’t say what the conversion rate will be, keep in mind this card earns 2% cash back on all purchases (1% when you make the purchase and another 1% when you pay on time). I can see three main options:
- 2% cash back = 1 Citi ThankYou point
- 2% cash back = 1.5 Citi ThankYou points
- 2% cash back = 2 Citi ThankYou points
The first option is not useful at all, the second option is comparable to something like the Chase Freedom Unlimited and the third option would be a game changer. I suspect we will see something like the middle option, but who knows with Citi.