Published on July 20th, 2018 | by William Charles28
Citibank Savings Bonus Of $200-$700
Reposting as deal is available online and being advertised somewhat heavily. Still not a good deal.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $700
- Availability: Available in branch only [Branch locations]
- Deposit required: $25,000-$250,000
- Deposit Length: December 31st, 2018
- Soft pull: Yes
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: September 30th, 2018
- Fund a new or existing Citi Savings Account or existing Savings Plus Account with a minimum of $25,000 in new-to-Citibank funds by September 30th and receive a bonus of $200-$700. Funds must be maintained through 12/31/2018 to receive the bonus
- $25,000-$49,000: $200 bonus
- $50,000-$99,999: $300 bonus
- $100,000-$249,000: $400 bonus
- >$250,000: $700 bonus
The Fine Print
- Funds must be new to Citi.
You basically want to fund the account as close to 9/30/2018 as possible and then you have to maintain it for basically three months. The Citi savings account itself earns at a base rate of 0.08% (or 0.1% for balances over $100,000). A 2% account would earn $125 over that period. Reader YAR provided this helpful
As you can see the $25,000 option is probably the best and that is only a rate of 3.28% for 3 months, personally I don’t think it’s worth doing at all as you can get higher earning savings account rates and moving funds around for only a 3 months return isn’t really worth doing.