- National car rental is offering free executive status until 2/28/20 for American Express cardholders that aren’t currently National members.
- After completing your first rental using any American Express card you will also earn six Emerald Club credits towards a future rental day (this is enough for a free rental day)
The Fine Print
- Offer valid for new members only enrolled via this promotion between 9/16/18-1/31/19. Get six Emerald Club Credits you can use toward a future rental day after you enroll in the Emerald Club at nationalcar.com/axec between 9/16/18-1/31/19, rent one time from National and pay with any American Express Card.
- Offer is subject to and requires enrollment in the Emerald Club program. Rules and Conditions and Master Rental Agreement found at www.emeraldclub.com. Rental day offer is valid at participating National Car Rental locations in the U.S., Canada, Australia, Latin America, Caribbean, and in Europe, for National Car Rental brand reservations serviced by Enterprise.
- The six Emerald Club Credits you can use for a rental day are applicable toward the base rate but do not include taxes, government charges, surcharges, concession recoupment fees, fuel and other optional items, which are the responsibility of the renter.
- Emerald Club points will be credited 24-72 hours after a paid rental. For Executive members, the rental can be used for up to a full-size car.
- The rental day expires 12/31 of the calendar year following the year in which the credits were earned.
- Executive status is valid through 2/28/20
- . To maintain Executive status, member must meet the standard qualifications of 12–24 rentals or 40–84 rental days during the full calendar year 2019.
- This offer is made exclusively to and is only valid for American Express Card Members.
- Fulfillment of the offer is the sole responsibility of the participating American Express merchant.
- Please note that National does not accept Prepaid Cards for charges authorized in advance, although Prepaid Cards may be used to settle the final bill.
- Check to make sure Prepaid Cards are accepted before attempting to use your Prepaid Card to take advantage of offers for this merchant.
Executive status is second tier and normally requires 12 paid rentals or 40 paid rental days in a calendar year. You can view the full benefits here. Basics are you get a guaranteed upgrade when you reserve using the Midsize rate. You can also leverage your National status to get status with other car rental programs:
- Avis. Send an e-mail to email@example.com. You should receive Avis Preferred Plus status
- Sixt. Send details to firstname.lastname@example.org and receive platinum status.
- Hertz. Send e-mail to email@example.com and receive Hertz Gold Plus
- Enterprise. Unknown
- Europcar Privilege. Unknown
Hat tip to One Mile At A Time