Published on October 11th, 2018 | by Chuck19
Miles App Review: Get Points Automatically for Every Mile You Go
There’s a new app called ‘Miles‘ which tracks your movements and gives you points for every mile you go. It runs entirely in the background without the need to open it or do anything. It’s currently only available for iOS and is coming soon to Android.
- .1 miles for each air mile
- 1 mile for each car mile
- 2 miles for each carpool or ride-share mile
- 3 miles for each mass transit mile
- 5 miles for each biking mile
- 10 miles for each walking mile
Points can be redeemed for prizes to get discounts at select vendors. Some sample prizes:
- $5 Vudu credit + free movies – costs 1,200 miles
- New Wag! customers can get 2 free walks and a free lockbox – costs 1,200 miles
- 7-day free trial with Coursera – costs 500 miles
- 20% off your Rhone purchase – costs 600 miles
- New Silvercar customers: book an Audi for 1 day or more and get a extra day free – costs 1,200 miles
At launch, they allowed points to be redeemed for gift cards to places like Amazon. That made the app useful for someone willing to give up their privacy. Now that they just have these various discount offers, I doubt it’s worth anyone’s time/privacy.
Most of the offers look like the regular recycled first-time-customer offers you see on various platforms, not something special to the Miles app. There is a $5 Vudu credit for 1,200 miles, so that might be useful to some. Other than that, if anyone notices something good, let us know.