Published on July 14th, 2017 | by William Charles26
[Expired] People’s United Bank $100 Checking Bonus – Inside Stop & Shop’s, Direct Deposit Not Required [NY only]
This bonus has expired and is no longer available. Click here for a list of the best banking bonuses.
Not in CT this time.
Bonus is back, thanks to Danny Deal Guru for letting us know.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: People’s United branches inside Stop & Shop’s, located in the following states: NY only
- Direct deposit required: Optional, $100+
- Additional requirements: 10 debit card transactions of at least $25 each
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- Credit card funding: Unknown (although you usually can’t do that in branch anyway)
- Monthly fees: $0
- Early account termination fee: None listed
- Expiration date: August 25th, 2017
There is no direct link to this offer
- Open a personal checking account with People’s United Bank & receive a $100 bonus, this is only available at their Stop & Shop in store locations. Must complete one of the following requirements:
- Receive at least one direct deposit of at least $100 into the new checking account within 60 days of account opening OR
- Obtain a debit card that is linked to your new account and then use the debit card to make at least 10 purchases of $25+ each within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Cannot have had a People’s United personal checking account in the last 90 days
- Direct deposit requirements are limited to payroll, social security, pension and government benefits. Paypal transactions are specifically excluded.
- Reward should post within three months after the expiry of the offer (e.g sometime in late August)
- Cannot be combined with any other offer
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Your best option to avoid fees is to open the plus checking account which has no monthly fees or minimums. I wasn’t able to find any mention of any early account termination fees mentioned in their fee schedule, but probably good idea to double check this or keep the account open for at least six months (remember there are no fees) to ensure you’re not hit with an early account termination fee.
Not a bad deal if you live in the area as it’s a soft pull, no direct deposit is required. You just need to use the debit card ten times ($25+ each time), if you put that same spend on a 2% cash back card you’d earn $5 They seem to offer this bonus once a year. I’m adding this to our list of the best checking sign up bonuses.