Published on September 15th, 2019 | by William Charles37
People’s United Bank $100 Checking Bonus – Inside Stop & Shop’s [NY, CT only]
Update 9/15/19: Deal is back and valid until November 1st, 2019. Hat tip to reader IS250
Update 7/10/19: Deal is back and valid until August 24th, 2019. Hat tip to reader GES
Update 3/23/19: Deal is back and valid until March 29th. Direct deposit is required this time. Hat tip to reader Brenden F
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: People’s United branches inside Stop & Shop’s, located in the following states: NY & CT only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $1,000+ for 90 continuous days
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- Credit card funding: Unknown (although you usually can’t do that in branch anyway)
- Monthly fees: $12, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: 6 months, bonus forfeit
- Expiration date:
August 25th, 2017 March 29th, 2019 August 24th, 2019November 1st, 2019
There is no direct link to this offer
- Open a personal checking account with People’s United Bank & receive a $100 bonus, this is only available at their Stop & Shop in store locations. Mention promo code FALL19
- Receive direct deposits of at least $1,000 per month into the new checking account for 90 continuous days
The Fine Print
- Cannot have had a People’s United personal checking account in the last 90 days
- Direct deposit requirements are limited to payroll, social security, pension and government benefits. Paypal transactions are specifically excluded.
- Reward should post within three months after the expiry of the offer (e.g sometime in late August)
- Cannot be combined with any other offer
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There is a $12 monthly fee. This is waived with an average minimum daily balance of at least $1,000.
Early Account Termination Fee
If the account is closed within 6 months the bonus will be forfeit.
Not a bad deal if you live in the area as it’s a soft pull, although direct deposit is now required. It used to be better when you could just use the debit card ten times. I’m adding this to our list of the best checking sign up bonuses.