(Update 6/9/21: added a direct link below. Also added $10,000 category limit, below.)
- Apply for the Venmo credit card by July 31st and get double rewards through December 31st.
You’ll end up getting 6% on your top category, 4% on your second top category, and 2% everywhere else.
- No annual fee
- No sign up bonus
- Card typically earns at the following rates:
- 3% cash back on your Top Spend category
- 2% cash back on your Second Top Spend category
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
- 3% & 2% categories have an annual spend limit of $10,000, after that they earn 1% back
- The following categories are eligible for ‘Top Spend’: Dining & Nightlife, Travel, Bills & Utilities, Health & Beauty, Grocery, Gas, Transportation, Entertainment
Lots of people are seeing this offer – not sure if it’s showing for everyone in the Venmo app or it’s targeted to select users via email. The 2% everywhere isn’t very exciting, but 6% and 4% could be interesting, e.g. if you spend a lot on restaurants or grocery stores you can get 6% on that top category with no limit for almost 7 months
with no apparent limit. (Update: there is always a $10,000 limit on the top category, and that limit will presumably be enforced for this doubling promo as well.)
As noted in the card details, only the following categories are eligible to get the Top Category rate: Dining & Nightlife, Travel, Bills & Utilities, Health & Beauty, Grocery, Gas, Transportation, Entertainment.