Published on June 4th, 2019 | by Chuck39
[Targeted] Chase: Get $40 Back with Costco Membership Purchase + $20 Back with Costco Spend
Direct Link to offer (sample link, use the link from the email; remember, this is targeted)
Chase is sending out an email offer on various cards like Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, and Slate:
- Receive a $40 statement credit when you use your Chase Freedom Credit Card to purchase a Membership Activation Certificate to join Costco as a new Gold Star member (membership costs $60) by 7/31/19.
- Plus, receive an additional $20 statement credit when you spend at least $100 with your Chase Freedom Credit Card at Costco in-warehouse or online at Costco.com by 7/31/19.
The Fine Print
- This promotion requires use of your Chase Freedom Credit Card. For future purchase, U.S. Costco locations accept all Visa® cards, as well as cash, checks, debit/ATM cards, EBT and Costco Cash Cards.
- Statement Credit cannot be combined with any other new membership promotion.
- New member promotion not valid for renewal of an existing or expired Costco Membership.
- Please note: In order to qualify for this promotion, you must be the recipient of the promotional email from Chase and use your Chase Freedom Credit Card for all applicable purchases.
We saw a similar offer a couple of months ago from Fidelity. It’s essentially like free Costco membership since the $40 + $20 offsets the $60 cost. Sweet deal for those targeted. Not sure what the email subject line is.
Hat tip to reader Jorge and DDG