Update 6/1/23: Offer available again for 30%/40%, up to $30/$60 discount. Valid through 6/15/23. (ht Melissa)
Direct link to offer (affiliate links in this post)
- Amazon is offering 30%/40% off, up to $30/$60 discount, when you use at least 1 Membership Rewards points at checkout.
The Fine Print
- Please see the offer page for full terms and conditions. This is a limited time offer.
- The promotion button will expire concurrently.
Similar to previous offers. If you’re not targeted then follow these instructions, although that hasn’t been working as well as it once did. We’ve added this to our Complete Guide to Saving Money on Amazon.
You can typically use these promotions in a single transaction or across multiple smaller transactions. This deal works on third party gift cards, but not Amazon gift cards. Samples gift cards available on Amazon:
- Link to all physical gift cards on Amazon (scroll down to find the third party cards)
- Link to all electronic gift cards on Amazon (scroll down to find the third party cards)
- Whole Foods
- Giant Foods
- Best Buy (physical or electronic)
- Update 1/16/23: Offer available until 6/1/2023
- Update 12/28/22: Extended until 12/31/22.
- Update 11/25/22: More targeted.
- Update 11/20/22: More people targeted, this time the maximum discount is $80.
- Update 10/20/22: More people targeted.
- Update 10/8/22: Deal is back and valid until 12/26/2022. There are various offers again this time, the best one being 50% off, up to $60 in total discounts.
- Update 6/20/22: Extended through August 31, 2022 (ht Dave) Reposting again 6/23/22 as it seems to have started working now for some. Also note that it’s working even for those who used the last round in the recent weeks. This time it’s either 10%/$10 or 40%/$40 or 50%/$60.
- Update 6/9/22: More targeted now
- Update 5/17/22: A lot of people are getting this to show for them now
- Update 5/3/22: More people targeted, check the link below to see if it’s showing for you. Valid through June 19th. (ht Epsilon) Another update: Readers are getting offers for even 50% discount with up to $80 max discount. Nice!
- Update 2/24/22: More people targeted
- Update 12/28/21: More people targeted.
- Update 10/30/21: Some people are being targeted for this offer a second time. Hat tip to MtM
- Update 8/19/21: More people targeted
- Update 8/6/21: More people targeted
- Update 2/15/21: More people have been targeted for this offer.
- Update 7/27/21: Deal is available again until October 31, 2021
DP: Tried the trick of deleting and re-adding Amex, and reenrolling in Shop with Points, to trigger offer. Now Amazon reports that it cannot access Amex points balance at all, and displays the following message: “American Express reports that you will need to contact them regarding your account status before you are able to use Membership Rewards points. You may contact American Express at 1-800-AXP-7500.”
Amex has no idea what’s going on, and cannot help. Hoping problem will fix itself in a day or two, as it has for some in the past: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/american-express-chase-amazon-deals-working-for-more-people-how-to-get-targeted/#comment-678639
But be aware that trying to force-trigger the offer can cause problems.
Update: for me, issue resolved itself after a few hours. However, there are reports on the web that, for some, issue persists even after two weeks. https://www.uscardforum.com/t/topic/110370/3
Been on quite the dry spell with these. I do not shop on Amazon unless there is a lucrative coupon so guess I will continue to play the waiting game.
This just worked for me 40% off 3 separate $50 transactions with total of $60 off. ( bought Chipotle and Panera e-cards)
For me, it was 40% off across multiple transactions up to $60 max.
I’m assuming this can only be done on one transaction, right?
In the past it’s usually worked for me across multiple transactions and I got the discount each time until hitting the discount max
Got 30% off today on P1’s account, nothing on P2.
Was able to buy a physical Whole Foods GC and leverage the discount
got 40% today off an extra account i made a few months after adding an amex card a few weeks ago. thank you for the bump
I cannot find Whole Foods gift cards on Amazon website at all… when was this removed?
Very strange…WF gifts cards don’t show up when you search on the amazon website, but I was able to buy a physical gift card with the discount from amazon when I searched on google and clicked the amazon search result.
Thank you, that worked! I wonder why they make it so difficult now.
This worked in January but looks like Amazon closed this loophole. Also tried a couple of links down this thread – nothing seems to work.
Apple gift cards work too FYI
Second account got Lowes $150 gift card with $60 off.
“Get 40% off eligible products when using Membership Rewards points. Maximum discount $60.”