Published on December 6th, 2014 | by William Charles3
When & How Often Does My Free FICO Score Update?
Chances are that you’ve now got a credit card that offers a free FICO score (and if you don’t, you will soon with Citi announcing they’ll offer them and American Express doing a piloted test to see if they’ll offer them). One common question we’ve had from readers is as follows:
When does my free FICO score update? How often will it update?
The answer to this question depends on which credit card issuer we’re talking about. Below is a list of all the credit card issuers that offer free FICO scores, along with the answers to the two above questions.
- Barclaycard will update your FICO score at least once every 60 days. They’ll also update it whenever your credit has changed significantly (e.g delinquent payments or new accounts being opened)
- Chase will update your FICO score once monthly. There is no requirement to have any activity on your account for this score to be updated.
- Discover updates your FICO score once monthly. What day of the month varies from cardholder to cardholder, but will stay the same month to month. If your Discover card has not been used at least once the proceeding month then your score will not update.
- First National Bank of Omaha will give new account holders their first FICO score within two to three months of account opening (although it’s usually provided much sooner). After that your score will update monthly, although if you don’t use your credit card at all in a six month period then your score will be updated on a quarterly basis.
- Pentagon Federal Credit Union (PenFed) will update your FICO score whenever it is updated during “the normal course of business”, you’ll receive a notification on the main menu of your account when you login when your score is updated.
- Merrick Bank will update your FICO score on a monthly basis.
- PSECU will update your FICO score on a monthly basis.
- Walmart will update your FICO score on a monthly basis
- DCU will update on your FICO score on a monthly basis
- Partners 1st, waiting on response. Was unable to find any information online.
- Save and Invest, waiting on response, was unable to find any information online.
- Unitus Community Credit Union will update your FICO score on a monthly basis