Published on October 15th, 2014 | by William Charles14
Want To Write (And Get Paid) For Doctor of Credit?
We’re always looking for new writers here, at the moment we have two excellent staff writers that help give a different perspective on deals and consumer credit: Arielle & Chuck. I’d love to get more people writing for this site so I thought I’d quickly outline the process and also give you an idea of the type of content we’re looking for. Here is how to get started:
- Submit an article that you think readers of Doctor of Credit would find interesting. We currently pay $50 for every guest post that we use on this site. We prefer it when you submit fully written articles (preferably ready to go for WordPress) but you can also pitch us ideas. To give you some perspective, we’ve never accepted posts from people that submitted just a list of ideas but we have posted some articles from people who sent a full article. Unless your ideas are off the wall interesting/crazy just write the full post. You can view more information on submitting a guest post here.
- See how your article is received. Usually after your article is posted on the site, we have a look at how our readers liked or disliked it and why. In every case the guest posts have been well received which lead to…
- Become a regular contributor. When you become a regular contributor we give you access to the wordpress backend, so you can write and post articles directly. If you’re not familiar with WordPress, that’s ok! Neither was Chuck when he started and now he is a pro. Regular contributors get a flat fee for each article they post and a revenue share based on the number of visits an article gets. The flat fee is dependent on how long the article is and how hard it would’ve been to put together.
You’re certainly not going to be able to give up your day job (I still work full time, half a consultancy job and do this as a hobby) writing for us but you’ll be able to make a bit of money to help pay the bills.
What We’re Looking For
- Lawyers (or those from a legal background): To help readers better understand their rights when it comes to consumer credit. If you have a working knowledge of all things legal and actually enjoy reading the fine print and statutes then this is precisely what we’re looking for. Example of these types of articles: Met The Requirements Of A Bank Bonus And Haven’t Received It? Here’s What To Do
- Manufactured Spenders: Preferably with an analytic mindset that can show the profitability of a particular method. Also looking for somebody with critical thinking skills that can point out the negatives and possible pitfalls of each method. Obviously prefer somebody that can find deals and methods on their own without relying on others.
- Unique Credit Card Finders: We always try to post information about credit cards other bloggers and websites aren’t talking about. The best way to do this is to be constantly on the lookout for new cards and cards offered by the smaller issuers. If the idea of looking through hundreds of different card issuers websites trying to find that diamond in the rough sounds like fun to you, then you’re our type of person.
Even if you’d like to write on stuff that we haven’t listed above and think it might be a good fit, feel free to send the article across. You can always contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, I hope to hear from some of you soon!