Published on January 10th, 2018 | by William Charles14
15% Discount On IHG Cash + Points Rates For Chase IHG Cardholders
- Save 15% when you make a points & cash booking with IHG. Book by February 10th for stays from now until March 2nd, 2018. The discount will only apply to the cash portion of the rate and you must hold the Chase IHG credit card to be eligible (not necessary to use this card to book though).
- IHG® Rewards Club members must be logged in to receive 15% savings.
- Must book by 2/10/2018.
- Stay dates include 1/10/2018-3/2/2018.
- 15% discount is offered at time of booking and only pertains to the cash cost of bookings.
- Bookings for The Venetian® and The Palazzo® hotels are excluded from discounts.
- This offer is subject to the general IHG® Rewards Club membership Terms and Conditions.
- Consult Rewards Program Rules and Regulations and product brochure, or your Cardmember Agreement, as applicable, for details.
The way that IHG works is that you can pay cash to offset some of the points needed for an award night. For example:
- Save 5,000 points & pay $40 ($34 with this discount)
- Save 10,000 points & pay $70 ($59.50 with this discount)
- Save 15,000 points & pay $99 ($84.15 with this discount)
- Save 20,000 points & pay $125 (106.25 with this discount)
You can use this to effectively buy points at a discount rate. When you make booking it’s made clear that you’re actually purchasing the points and if you cancel your reservation they will redeposit the full points value rather than points + cash. I think the best deal is to purchase 20,000 points for $115 (normal rate, $86.25 with this discount). That works out to be 0.43125¢ per point.
Hat tip to reader Joey S