Published on March 23rd, 2015 | by Chuck5
4x Fuel Points on Gift Cards at Kroger, Fry’s
- Earn 4x fuel points on the purchase of gift cards. No limit.
Visa/Mastercard/Amex gift cards excluded. Kroger gift cards excluded. [UPDATE: There seems to be various reports about the purchase of fixed-value Visa/Mastercard/Amex gift cards. Some are having success with those and according to the terms it would appear that they should work. If those work for you, this deal could be even better.]
The standard earning rate on gift cards is 2x, under this current offer you’ll earn 4x.
The Fine Print
- Offer valid 3/22/15 – -4/5/15.
- MUST HAVE YOUR KROGER REWARD CARD REGISTERED AT kroger.com AND DOWNLOAD DIGITAL COUPON TO KROGER CARD. Look under SAVINGS header and then click on PROMOTIONS for coupon download.
- Offer not valid in AL, LA, MO.
- Unlimited use (coupon can be used multiple times until the expiration date).
- Not valid at Ralphs.
- Visa/Mastercard/Amex/Kroger gift cards excluded.
I don’t have any Kroger or Fry’s nearby, but this sounds like a nice offer. It would be nicer if it applied to Visa gift cards but can be useful even with other gift cards. Reportedly, Kroger and Fry’s carry tons of gift cards and you should be able to find useful ones.
For each 1000 points you get $1 off each gallon of gas, up to 35 gallons. Under the current promo, you can buy $250 of gift cards to earn 1000 points, and then get a total of $35 off your fill-up if you max out on the 35 gallons. And this can be repeated again and again for another fill-up.
If I have the details right, you’ll be getting a whopping 14% rebate on the $250 of gift cards, by saving $35 on the gas. At lower amounts it can still be a great deal.
If you haven’t yet maxed out on your $1500 in Chase Freedom spend, now is a good time to do so since the 5x Freedom ends soon.