Published on January 18th, 2018 | by William Charles55
50,000 Hawaiian Airlines Mile Credit Card Bonus From Barclaycard
Update 01/18/18. Bonus has been extended until January 31st, 2018.
Reposting on November 20th, 2017 because there is a new working link. This time it’s valid until December 31st, 2017 according to this page. Minimum spend requirement is now $3,000 instead of $1,000. Hat tip to reader Kat
Reposting because there is now a direct link courtesy of Travel is Free.
- Receive 50,000 Hawaiian Airline miles when you spend $3,000 or more within the first 90 days of account opening on the Barclaycard Hawaiian Airlines credit card
How To Get The Offer
- Search for a flight on https://www.hawaiianairlines.com
- Make sure you do not log into your account
- Enter any travel dates and click continue
- Fill out the information (doesn’t matter what it is, as the offer doesn’t pre-populate) they request until you get to the payment page
- Click credit/debit as the payment option
- Offer will appear on the right hand side (see above)
Card Benefits & Details
- Annual fee of $89 is not waived the first year
- Card earns at the following rate:
- 2x miles on all Hawaiian Airlines purchase
- 1x miles on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- ShareMiles, ability to share miles with friends & family HawaiianAirlines.com
- Discounted Award Travel
- Get $100 companion discount off one coach companion ticket for roundtrip travel between Hawaii and North America on Hawaiian Airlines on each account anniversary upon payment of annual fee
- Earn 5,000 annual bonus miles 5,000 bonus miles every anniversary year you make $10,000 or more in purchases with your card
This offer comes and goes, it was last available up until December of last year. I’m not a massive fan of Hawaiian miles and I also don’t love how the annual fee isn’t waived the first year, but still 50,000 miles for only $1,000 spend is a pretty compelling offer for a lot of people. You can get flights for 35,000 miles round trip with the card from mainland USA to Hawaii, but there isn’t a lot of space available. Another good use of the miles is for inter island flights in Hawaii, they come out at 7,500 miles per one way trip.
You can also transfer the miles to Hilton at a rate of 1:1.5, but I don’t find Hilton points to be particularly useful so I wouldn’t recommend that. Before applying I’d recommend reading these 24 things you should know about Barclaycard credit cards, it should also answer any common questions you might have.
Feel free to share what you think the best use of Hawaiian miles is in the comments below and whether you think this is a good deal or not.