Published on May 18th, 2017 | by William Charles33
American Express Delta Gold – 60,000 Miles + $50 Statement Credit [Personal & Business] – Highest Ever
- American Express has increased the sign up bonus on the personal & business versions of their Delta Gold card. The offer is as follows:
- 60,000 miles after $3,000 ($4,000 for business) in spend within the first four months
- $50 statement credit after your first Delta purchase
- Offer vald until July 5th, 2017
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 2x miles on all purchases made directly with Delta
- 1x miles on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- Annual fee of $95 is waived first year
- You cannot get the bonus on the cards if you’ve ever had the card before
We’ve seen this offer before, but it was targeted and this time it’s open to everybody (minimum spend was only $1,000 instead of $3,000). Best public offer previously was 50,000 miles + $100 statement credit, so this is $50 less in statement credit but an additional 10,000 miles. Sometimes when they increase the public sign up bonus you can get the $100 statement credit to show when doing a dummy booking, but that doesn’t seem to be currently working. Update: That increased offer is now available.
This is worth signing up for if you have a need/use for Delta miles as I doubt we will see a better offer in the short term. It might be better to wait until the referral offer for this card is also increased, that way you can help out another DoC reader. There is also a 70,000 point offer on the Platinum Delta cards.
As always before applying for this card or asking basic questions, I’d recommend reading through these things everybody should know about American Express credit cards. If you’ve recently applied, remember that American Express doesn’t usually match sign up bonuses if a higher one comes along but they will sometimes offer courtesy points. You generally need to call and request speaking to a manager as frontline reps/chat reps can’t issue points.