Published on May 18th, 2017 | by William Charles62
American Express Delta Platinum – 70,000 Miles + $100 Statement Credit + 10,000 MQM [Personal & Business] – Highest Ever
- American Express has increased the sign up bonus on the personal & business versions of the Delta Platinum card. Bonus is as follows:
- 70,000 miles & 10,000 MQM after $4,000 ($5,00 for business) in spend within the first four months
- $100 statement credit after your first Delta purchase
- Annual fee of $195 is not waived
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 2x miles on all purchases made directly with Delta
- 1x miles on all other purchases
- Receive another 10,000 MQM after you spend $25,000 or more within a calendar year and an additional 10,000 MQM when you spend $50,000 or more within a calendar year for a total of 20,000 MQM (plus the sign up bonus)
- No foreign transaction fees
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card (Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required)
This is the highest this bonus has been on this card. There is also an increased bonus of 60,000 miles + $50 statement credit on the Gold card. Worth applying for if you have a need for Delta miles/MQM, the gold offer might be more appealing to some due to the fact that the annual fee is waived ($195 fee not waived on this card). Might be worth waiting for referral links to show up for this card, that way you can support other DoC readers.
As always before applying for this card or asking basic questions, I’d recommend reading through these things everybody should know about American Express credit cards. If you’ve recently applied, remember that American Express doesn’t usually match sign up bonuses if a higher one comes along but they will sometimes offer courtesy points. You generally need to call and request speaking to a manager as frontline reps/chat reps can’t issue points.