Seems to be frequently available again. Spend requirement is now $4,000 instead of $2,000. Hat tip to Monkey Miles
Direct Link to offer (might need to open in incognito mode to get the offer to show)
- Get a 50,000 points signup bonus when spending $4,000 within 3 months on the American Express Gold card
The Fine Print
- Annual fee of $250 NOT waived first year
- Card will earn at the following rates:
- 4x points at Restaurants
- 4x points at U.S. supermarkets (up to $25,000 in spend per calendar year)
- 3x points for flights booked directly with airlines
- 1x points on all other purchases
- $120 dining credit. This is a $10 monthly credit that can be used at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Shake Shack
- $100 airline fee credit
- No foreign transaction fees
- Full American Express Gold card review can be found here.
This offer seemed to disappear when they offered the limited time rose gold promotion and now it is back again. Should also show up via referral if you use incognito mode as well but remember not to self refer anymore. We have seen a bonus of 50,000 + $100 so it might make sense to wait for a bigger offer to come along. Because of that I won’t be adding this to our list of the best credit card bonuses. If you’re thinking of applying, make sure you read these things everybody should know about American Express cards first.