Published on March 29th, 2018 | by Chuck32
[Expired] Amex Offers: $2 or 200 Points with $5 Apple Pay Purchase – Limit 5 [Targeted]
Deal has expired, view current AmEx offers here.
Check your Amex logins for an Apple Pay offer:
- Get a $2 statement credit when using Apple Pay for a charge of $5 or more
- Get 200 Membership Rewards points when using Apple Pay for a charge of $5 or more
The Fine Print
- Must spend a full $5 in a single transaction to get the bonus
- Expires August 29, 2018
- Valid in-store and in-app merchant locations that accept Amex cards in the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands
- Max $10/1,000 points total
Similar offer with some Chase cards to get 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points for 5 Apple Pay usages; apparently Apple is trying to push people harder onto mobile wallets. No luck for me with either offer. 🙁
Plenty of time here to make use of these offers. Splitting up your grocery purchases is an option, or use it on small convenience store or Starbucks purchases if they hit $5, or if you have a complying cashier it’s possible to split a single across multiple cards, e.g. buy a $35 Amazon gift card at CVS and split it across 7 cards in Apple Pay if you have the Amex offer on multiple cards (not sure if you can split a single transaction on the same card). Another option could be to load your Starbucks account in the mobile app with Apple Pay in $5 increments, this way you don’t need to deal with cashiers. Let us know if you have any other tips.
Hat tip to frequentmiler