- First Service Bank offers a savings account with 2.19% APY when you carry a minimum $20,000 balance.
Account appears to be available to be opened online at the link above, but only to residents of Arkansas.
The Fine Print
- Annual Percentage Yield (APY) accurate as of 10/10/18.
- Minimum to open account is $5.
- Rate is as follows: 2.19% APY applies as long as balance is above $20,000.00.on each qualification cycle. 1.01% APY applies to all balances through $20,000.00.
- An excess withdrawal/debit item service charge fee of $1.00 will be charged for each debit transaction in excess of 6 per cycle.
- If the account is closed before the end of the cycle, interest accrued will be paid.
2.19% tops the best nationally available savings rates at the time of this writing. We don’t know how long this rate will last, but it looks like it’s been this way since 2018 so it could make sense for someone who lives in Arkansas.
Hat tip to reader David