Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: AR, KY, IL, MO, & TN. Update: account must be opened in branch now to be eligible.
- Direct deposit required: Optional (+$25)
- Additional requirements: eStatements (+$25)
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Expiration date: None specified
- Receive up to $100 when you open a checking account with focus bank. Here are the requirements:
- $50 bonus for opening the account
- $25 bonus for enrolling in eStatements (must be enrolled within first 60 days)
- $25 bonus for receiving direct deposit of $25+
The Fine Print
- Opening bonus will be paid after the account has been opened for at least 30 days (will be paid out within 10 days of this), the account must also have a positive balance
- eStatement bonus will be paid within 10 days of qualification
- Direct deposit bonus will be paid within 10 days after the direct deposit has been received and posted to the account
- Limit of one account per household
- Account must be opened in branch
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account does not have any monthly fees and there is no mention of an early account termination fee in either the fine print or the online fee schedule.
Given that opening this account results in a soft pull (thanks Compeek!) this might not be a bad option for those living within the service area. One of the main benefits of this bonus is the fact that you can get most of it without meeting the direct deposit requirement, you can always try to do an ACH transfer to see if that triggers it
All of that being said, I’d only recommend completing this bonus if you’ve completed all of the better nationwide bonuses first. Which I imagine isn’t most of you, it’s probably also worth having a look to see if there are any other state specific bonuses you want to check out.